Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 39 of 49 First ... 293738394041 ... Last
    Thank you for fixing problems before I even know I have them!

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

I must commend you on a job well done! The staged rolls are fantastic!

Quick question about staged rolls: rerolls. I want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

If I understand it correctly, I have lucky as a feat set to catch everything. It intercepts the roll, I click the reroll button, it indicates it is replacing the roll in chat. I then click ok but it does not use the reroll in the calculation.

I think I should replace the number in the box above the reroll button? I would use the new number rolled. That does seem to work but I am unsure if this is the way it should be handled.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Quick question about staged rolls: rerolls. I want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

If I understand it correctly, I have lucky as a feat set to catch everything. It intercepts the roll, I click the reroll button, it indicates it is replacing the roll in chat. I then click ok but it does not use the reroll in the calculation.

I think I should replace the number in the box above the reroll button? I would use the new number rolled. That does seem to work but I am unsure if this is the way it should be handled.

Thanks!
    You are correct. The text for rolling to replace a X is just to help keep track of what you are doing.

Because sometimes you get to choose if you want the number (similar to rolling for advantage and taking the higher), I do not automatically populate the new number. You will want to drag the result from chat onto the number box for the die you just rolled (or just type the number in manually) and then click OK.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    You are correct. The text for rolling to replace a X is just to help keep track of what you are doing.

Because sometimes you get to choose if you want the number (similar to rolling for advantage and taking the higher), I do not automatically populate the new number. You will want to drag the result from chat onto the number box for the die you just rolled (or just type the number in manually) and then click OK.
    Sounds good. Thanks for the background. This is going to be very helpful.

I'm not sure I quite understand how to set up staged rolls. I set up the effect, set up the identifier with die string, but there's no modifier die on for Bardic Inspiration. Am I missing something>Screenshot 2022-11-08 183827.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Agamon View Post
    I'm not sure I quite understand how to set up staged rolls. I set up the effect, set up the identifier with die string, but there's no modifier die on for Bardic Inspiration. Am I missing something>Screenshot 2022-11-08 183827.jpg
    As I understand it, the player would drag a d6 to the window to add it to the roll before clicking the check.

Quote Originally Posted by Agamon View Post
    You need to grab the D6 from the bottom left of the screen, and drop it onto the Staged Rolls window, you'll see then an extra box with the added die result appear in the window. Then you click the check mark to approve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    You need to grab the D6 from the bottom left of the screen, and drop it onto the Staged Rolls window, you'll see then an extra box with the added die result appear in the window. Then you click the check mark to approve it.
    Ah, okay. Thanks!

Help! I can't get the ext to work. For some reason I'm getting 5E - Roll for Initiative Addon (Beta)! showing up in my extension list and it throws up errors everywhere and it's apparent I've gone wrong somewhere. Any help would be appreciated

**EDIT** I have figured it out, please ignore post
    Last edited by bobbyp31; November 15th, 2022 at 09:01.

Thread Information