FG Spreadshirt Swag

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.81%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

37 58.73%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 17.46%
Page 27 of 48 First ... 17252627282937 ... Last
    Does this still have compatibility issues with 5e-Indicators? I had to stop using it because of that and I know mccartysr was eventually going to fix that with the rewrite, but I haven't seen anything stating whether it's actually fixed or not.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    Does this still have compatibility issues with 5e-Indicators? I had to stop using it because of that and I know mccartysr was eventually going to fix that with the rewrite, but I haven't seen anything stating whether it's actually fixed or not.

Thanks.
    I am the author of indicators and I haven’t heard any reports of incompatibility since the big update
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

V2.3.1

Version 2.3.1
    Bugfix: Issues with adding custom rolls when button trays are visible
    Add: Beta release for 4E support
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Any chance getting a 4E compatible version? :-)
    Take it for a spin in 4E with version 2.3.1. I don't play 4E, so I had to guess at how some of the things should work. I get the impression that saves are real different, thus the changes to the interface.

I encountered an issue where I had applied the Blinded effect from the effects window to a PC on the CT. Then I edited the effect text to add "SAVEE: CON 15 (R)" (BCE extension causes a save to roll at the end of the actor's turn). At the end of the PC's turn, I was prompted for the roll instead of the PC. Effects that are pre-made and added to PC/NPC actors from the PC actions tab don't present this issue.

Is this a resolvable bug or is there a work around I could try?

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    I encountered an issue where I had applied the Blinded effect from the effects window to a PC on the CT. Then I edited the effect text to add "SAVEE: CON 15 (R)" (BCE extension causes a save to roll at the end of the actor's turn). At the end of the PC's turn, I was prompted for the roll instead of the PC. Effects that are pre-made and added to PC/NPC actors from the PC actions tab don't present this issue.

Is this a resolvable bug or is there a work around I could try?
    Might want to post this also in BCE thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    For everyone's awareness, those options do not affect rolls requested by the GM. Those only affect whether a popup is triggered when another character forces you to make a save. Or death or concentration rolls.
    dm_options.png

I have these (DM) options set to "On" -- is there an option for the players to turn on in their options? Either way, I still don't get the NPC pop-up requested rolls -- so apparently I have an extension conflict and need to find the time to figure it out. I saw the talk of potential conflicts, but not sure if any have been confirmed by others.....

If I have the option "Click expander button to roll" set, the rolls take place for both PCs and NPCs, but I can't ever seem to get any pop-up windows to happen.
    Last edited by SmackDaddy; January 16th, 2022 at 21:04.

I finally got a chance to test this today. It seems to be working, but I do have a little feedback.

The original incarnation of this would cause a "roll" popup to appear for the players, along with a dialog telling them what they were rolling for. The new dialog they get for saving throws, etc. is a little confusing. It has an option to manually enter a roll and then a tiny "roll" button. I just think this is more confusing and unnecessary. I greatly preferred the simple (and larger) "roll" button that they got before.

I'm sure there's a reason you did it this way. It looks like the manual roll dialog for when manual rolls are turned on globally. But I don't understand why we can't have it the way it was. I don't ever see a player needing to manually enter something into the roll box and if they click the cancel button it just gives them a fail at 0.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    I finally got a chance to test this today. It seems to be working, but I do have a little feedback.

The original incarnation of this would cause a "roll" popup to appear for the players, along with a dialog telling them what they were rolling for. The new dialog they get for saving throws, etc. is a little confusing. It has an option to manually enter a roll and then a tiny "roll" button. I just think this is more confusing and unnecessary. I greatly preferred the simple (and larger) "roll" button that they got before.

I'm sure there's a reason you did it this way. It looks like the manual roll dialog for when manual rolls are turned on globally. But I don't understand why we can't have it the way it was. I don't ever see a player needing to manually enter something into the roll box and if they click the cancel button it just gives them a fail at 0.

Thanks.
    I agree with this fully and why I don't use it currently.
    Couple that with the issue of the DM having very small clicks to send them the rules. They are super small buttons that you are not really sure which one to click at the time unless you read it all to make sure it's set right. Whereas the old system would highly the things clicked and the sending of the roll to the players was always in the same spot, bigger and easy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    dm_options.png

I have these (DM) options set to "On" -- is there an option for the players to turn on in their options? Either way, I still don't get the NPC pop-up requested rolls -- so apparently I have an extension conflict and need to find the time to figure it out. I saw the talk of potential conflicts, but not sure if any have been confirmed by others.....

If I have the option "Click expander button to roll" set, the rolls take place for both PCs and NPCs, but I can't ever seem to get any pop-up windows to happen.
    Yes, the players can turn those options on. It's what controls the option for them.
    It's weird if you're getting rolls only when you have click to roll on. They use literally the same exact function as the buttons in the combobox section. You can run the command /RRdebug to enable logging. You should get a couple text outputs when you do. If you copy your chat and send it to me, I'll take a look.

Hi,

A couple of little (I hope!) requests:

Firstly, would it be possible to have the option to auto de-select actors, once they have had the roll request sent and/or rolled? You already notify when a roll is completed (little red dot) and it would save me a bit of headspace and admin to have them de-selected at the same time. I've found this would be especially useful when using the Combat Groups extension (or similar), as once the NPCs are no longer visible on the CT they still retain their selected, or not, status on RR, which can end up (like it did with me the other night) with lots of extra NPCs getting roll requests as I forgot to deselect them before hiding them on the CT. My fault I know, but I could use all the help I can get!

Secondly, would it be possible to have the option to send the roll request for NPCs but to have them all auto-roll? I use the awesome Stealth Tracker extension, and use RR to highlight all NPCs, then do a group stealth roll that is picked up and utilised by Stealth Tracker. So in effect I'm using it like the party roll for PCs on the Party Sheet, and it would be really useful for me to not have to individually manually roll for each NPC (I personally never want to roll for the NPCs but would like to still use RR to group roll). Would this be possible?

Cheers,

Simon

Thread Information