STAR TREK 2d20

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 26 of 49 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last
    Are there any KNOWN incompatibilities already identified that anyone can share? I use quite a few extensions (which makes it a pain to troubleshoot, I know)....and my players do not get a pop-up when I request any rolls. Same for NPCs - they don't pop-up for me and I am just not sure which extension(s) could potentially be at fault.... if anyone uses 40 or more extensions and it is working for them, could you PM me your list of extensions so I can begin to narrow it down to a smaller subset? Thank you in advance for anyone's assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    Are there any KNOWN incompatibilities already identified that anyone can share? I use quite a few extensions (which makes it a pain to troubleshoot, I know)....and my players do not get a pop-up when I request any rolls. Same for NPCs - they don't pop-up for me and I am just not sure which extension(s) could potentially be at fault.... if anyone uses 40 or more extensions and it is working for them, could you PM me your list of extensions so I can begin to narrow it down to a smaller subset? Thank you in advance for anyone's assistance!
    I use these 28 without issue:
    rr.jpg

Make sure you have the options turned on for yourself, and you instruct your players to turn on the option for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    Make sure you have the options turned on for yourself, and you instruct your players to turn on the option for themselves.
    Thank you for sharing your list. I will double check my options -- hmmmm, wonder if it could be that simple..... what option(s) should the users set to allow receipt of roll requests?

Quote Originally Posted by chaiwalla View Post
    Agree with aboves. The first FGU functionality that I had to pitch out was any and all NPC spell casting requiring a saving throw. My players have demanded “requested rolls'' for saving throws from the get go - which I’ve been doing verbally. This extension brings back so much automation and functionality to the system as a whole.

And a (verbal) request to the whole party for say a Perception check leads to not only Perception rolls outside the dice tower, but to just random d20s tossed in the chat window. Now with this extension, so many of these headaches have vanished.

Having come to the extension recently, I can’t comment on this UI with what was there before. The only (briefly) initially confusing thing to me was the request pop-up window being the manual rolls window - I thought the “manual rolls” option was stuck and I kept trying to turn it off.
    Same. That would be my only request at this point. It would be nice if the players had a pop up window that simply allowed them to click the "roll" button. Maybe if they had Manual Dice turned on, then the manual dice window would pop up instead. My players just need to learn to click the "Dice" button and not the check box.

Quote Originally Posted by dmontgomery32 View Post
    Same. That would be my only request at this point. It would be nice if the players had a pop up window that simply allowed them to click the "roll" button. Maybe if they had Manual Dice turned on, then the manual dice window would pop up instead. My players just need to learn to click the "Dice" button and not the check box.
    For me this was the whole major part of using RFIA in the first place, as I deal with many new players and teaching them every time how to use something that is not even standard FGU is not good. The older version was so intuitive and easy to use for both the DM and Players it was highly useful.

FYI anyone wanting to force people to roll into the tower there is an ext for that. So the players only have to double click like normal and all rolls will goto the tower normally, if they want a roll to be seen they can grab it and throw it in chat.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tension-(LDTE)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    Thank you for sharing your list. I will double check my options -- hmmmm, wonder if it could be that simple..... what option(s) should the users set to allow receipt of roll requests?
    Look for the "Requested Rolls" section in the options menu, towards the bottom. You want to turn ON NPC/PC "Prompt owner to roll saves".

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    Look for the "Requested Rolls" section in the options menu, towards the bottom. You want to turn ON NPC/PC "Prompt owner to roll saves".
    For everyone's awareness, those options do not affect rolls requested by the GM. Those only affect whether a popup is triggered when another character forces you to make a save. Or death or concentration rolls.

V2.3

Version 2.3 has been released via the Forge.
    There are a variety of feature additions in this release along with a few minor UI tweaks. When a character is selected for a roll, the frame is now green. This is so you can see the red roll pending indicator. There are a couple new buttons on each tab.
    • Add indicator to character entry when they have rolls to do
    • Add DC fields to each expander
    • Add ability to click a button in an expander tray to roll (optional)
    • Add ability to link DC fields (optional)
    • Add ability to hide expander trays
    • Fix rolls for hidden NPCs on the CT. They now roll to tower for all roll types
    • Change "Add Modifiers after Popup" from experimental, default is now on

Also, I posted the poll and then realized the next day how to make everything work.
    Last edited by mccartysr; January 13th, 2022 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    Version 2.3 has been released via the Forge.
    There are a variety of feature additions in this release along with a few minor UI tweaks. When a character is selected for a roll, the frame is now green. This is so you can see the red roll pending indicator. There are a couple new buttons on each tab.
    • Add indicator to character entry when they have rolls to do
    • Add DC fields to each expander
    • Add ability to click a button in an expander tray to roll (optional)
    • Add ability to link DC fields (optional)
    • Add ability to hide expander trays
    • Fix rolls for hidden NPCs on the CT. They now roll to tower for all roll types
    • Change "Add Modifiers after Popup" from experimental, default is now on

Also, I posted the poll and then realized the next day how to make everything work.
    Very nice! This looks and feels like great quality of life improvements. Thanks!

Any chance getting a 4E compatible version? :-)

Thread Information