5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 20 of 49 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Which bAdv are you speaking of? I am speaking of this extension: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/6/view

I am not only assigning an adv number to all rolls (I think you meant this with bAdv? I am actually just calling it adv, like in rRoll.adv; if this number is positive, then advantage; zero = normal; negative = disadvantage), but also changing some functions in manager_actions where the adv number is checked and then the code for (dis)advantage is activated
    Oh oops, I got that flipped around. By the time I transmit a roll, it has already finished being built including advantage. Does your extension work with manual rolls?

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    Oh oops, I got that flipped around. By the time I transmit a roll, it has already finished being built including advantage. Does your extension work with manual rolls?
    Ah, I understand

I just tested, and yes, it works with manual rolls (I tested in PF2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, I understand

I just tested, and yes, it works with manual rolls (I tested in PF2)
    I've got a rough idea of what's going on. You need to load after me so that my code for ActionManager.roll() gets called last.
    You also have two entries in rRoll for which I'm not looking because 5E uses a text encoding scheme for advantage with sDesc in the suitably named encodeAdvantage(). I think looking at this would help with your issue with damage die being duplicated because the 5E code only looks for d20s to duplicate. Though I'm not sure if only doing the d20s is useful because I don't play Pathfinder.

I've got a rough idea of what's going on. You need to load after me so that my code for ActionManager.roll() gets called last.
    You also have two entries in rRoll for which I'm not looking because 5E uses a text encoding scheme for advantage with sDesc in the suitably named encodeAdvantage(). I think looking at this would help with your issue with damage die being duplicated because the 5E code only looks for d20s to duplicate. Though I'm not sure if only doing the d20s is useful because I don't play Pathfinder.
    Nice, I will merge your pull request, thank you for looking

Yeah, the damage stuff is more complicated than that, because especially damage does not use d20. My extension is also for MoreCore where you can have all sort of dice (like d6 systems and so on, thence the general coding attempt from my side) And the damage type code is also different for 3.5E/PF1, so, difficult issue once the dice carry more individual information than just a number But thanks for mentioning this function; maybe I can somehow extend its usage

Quote Originally Posted by toastsniffer187 View Post
    @srmccarty your forge release for pf2e conflicts with kelgrums adv/dis ext. He has been notified and taking a look at the exten to see if there is anything he can do and asked me to notify you as well.
    The forge has now the new version of my extension, added the suggestion of a different loadorder. Can you test whether this fixes your issues?

You guys are awesome and so is this community! Always working together to make the platform better! Also worked for me in any load order.
    Last edited by toastsniffer187; December 23rd, 2021 at 15:32.
    Steve Jobs "Good artists copy, great artists steal."

Nice, thanks especially to mccartysr, since they mainly did it I just uploaded the new version

Is there any way to retain the settings of the buttons being open/closed between games? When I launch the game and open Requests, all the button areas are open (even if I have no buttons showing). I click the minus sign to make it a plus sign and collapse them. It would nice if they stayed closed each game.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Is there any way to retain the settings of the buttons being open/closed between games? When I launch the game and open Requests, all the button areas are open (even if I have no buttons showing). I click the minus sign to make it a plus sign and collapse them. It would nice if they stayed closed each game.
    I have now added this to the ideas list.

I have now added this to the ideas list.
    Thanks!

Thread Information