5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

14 22.58%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

37 59.68%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 17.74%
Page 2 of 48 First 123412 ... Last
    Mattekure and I are currently working compatibility between this and 5e indicators. I'll post an update when we have an idea of whether a fix is possible.

Sweeeet! Can't wait for my group to get back at it so we can try this out!

I assume we don't need RFIA at all with this, correct?

Right, this is a new standalone extension.

Feature Request: The ability to do ad-hoc traps. The way I see this working is that the DM would request rolls for a saving throw. They would also input damage, ANd based on the PCs/NPCs saving throw results damage would be applied with a click. Maybe a check mark to half or no damage on a save.

Looks like Advantage Display- Extension v1.0.1 by Kent Kent McCullough is in the clear. This was a mistake and does not look to be effecting this ext.

Options Menu Update

I am soliciting feedback on updating the verbiage in the Options Menu, and by extension how the rolls are generally referred to.
    I know there was some discussion about calling them override saves, and I am curious how people would specifically word these menu options. It is acceptable to answer that the current option is clear enough.
    BTW, this menu shows changes since the last release, and those changes have been pushed to my repo. I updated how the option to show/hide the sidebar menu is displayed and that specific option now only appears for the Host.

RequestedRolls option menu 20210914.jpg

I think it's clear.

Quote Originally Posted by srmccarty View Post
    I am soliciting feedback on updating the verbiage in the Options Menu, and by extension how the rolls are generally referred to.
    I know there was some discussion about calling them override saves, and I am curious how people would specifically word these menu options. It is acceptable to answer that the current option is clear enough.
    BTW, this menu shows changes since the last release, and those changes have been pushed to my repo. I updated how the option to show/hide the sidebar menu is displayed and that specific option now only appears for the Host.

You could change the option to say "player rolls save" and "NPC rolls save" or something, I suppose. I have never had an issue with the way it's worded. It was the entire reason I used this extension and I knew what I was downloading. I suppose if someone installed it for a different purpose, that wording might confuse them. But considering the fact that the saves really are rolled automatically for them, "manual" seems like the right wording. "Prompted Saving Throw" might also be more accurate, since they will get a popup when attacked by a spell/ability.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this. I'm looking forward to the day I can use it with 5e Indicators, but my players would absolutely rebel if they couldn't roll their own saving throws (even though they're really just clicking a box that allows the system to roll it for them anyway).

I also think that 'manual save rolls' is clear enough, but I also accept others may disagree.

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by srmccarty View Post

Why not call it?
    "Automatic Save Rolls PC"
    "Automatic Save Rolls NPC"

Then flip the logic? Default it to on.

The main reason there is confusion with manual is because manual to most people think of Manual Rolls as you rolling a REAL die and then putting a number in.

Thread Information