DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 17 of 49 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Just found your extension in the Forge and am trying it out in PFRPG2.

I have one error and one question.

The error. When I click on the eye to hide roll results as soon as the player clicks the dice button to roll, the chat on the player's FGU shows [ABILITY] Strength Check [1d20] and the GM gets a console error
    Handler error: [string "roll/scriptsw/rr_manualroll_entry.lua"]:86: attempt to index global 'DiceTowerManager' (a nil value)

The Question: in PF2e I have Lore skills that I can enter manually. e.g. Lore Library and these can be trained, expert, master, etc.
    But when I enter then as an additional skill in the other tab how can I tell your extension which ability is used as a modifier and where does it pickup if it is trained, etc?
    I haven't been able to replicate your error though I am tracking the fix for RRdicetower message errors. Can you verify RR is the only extension running? If you can tinker with your settings and figure out what is causing the error, I would be happy to look into it. I am unsure how that error is possible because DiceTowerManager is defined in the CoreRPG ruleset that PFRPG2 is built off of.

Entering it on the Other tab makes it available for you to select. For a lore of the squish it would read "Lore (Squish)". I just went and checked that. I don't actually play PFRPG2, and I use the built in parsing code. Then just add the skill to the relevant PCs (on their char sheet) and you can define the proficiency and stat it uses there.

I've removed all the other extensions I have running and now get an error in the chat window, not the console log.
    [ERROR] Unknown special message type received. [RRdicetower]

The player chat window remains the same message.

As to the Lore skills, it was the brackets that worked e.g. Lore (Astronomy).

[Edit 1]
    Just followed your advice and sent a RR to a GM owned character and after that it worked.
    Will now reload other extensions and see if that has any effect.

[Edit 2]
    Reloaded all the other extensions and the original console error popped up.
    Sent a RR to a GM controlled PC and after that it worked, no error messages.
    Last edited by Farnaby; December 19th, 2021 at 15:59.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Using FGUnity in 5e.

Not sure if this is an issue since the last FGU update or not.
    I have the Requested Roll from the Forge (was previously using the one from the forum).

While playing last night the players were getting a script error which prompted me to check the Forge for a new "update". Now that I'm using the version from the Forge.

I've connected to my table through another instance of FGU and now on the DM side I'm not seeing the window to push requests. I do have this window on the DM side Screenshot 2021-12-19 110711.png.

I'm not seeing the older window (shown as the first image on the Forge description)

If I use thee window shown above it doesn't pop the notification on the player side.

If I use the manual roll request then nothing shows on the player side either.

Hidden manual rolls generate an error on the DM side [ERROR] Unknown special message type received. (RRdicetower).

I have disabled all extensions and tried it again but still have the same results.

Willing to try any suggestions to get this working again. Not a show stopper for my games but is defiantly and enhancement my players and I enjoy using.
    Last edited by Boneshooter; December 19th, 2021 at 16:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Boneshooter View Post
    Using FGUnity in 5e.

Not sure if this is an issue since the last FGU update or not.
    I have the Requested Roll from the Forge (was previously using the one from the forum).

While playing last night the players were getting a script error which prompted me to check the Forge for a new "update". Now that I'm using the version from the Forge.

I've connected to my table through another instance of FGU and now on the DM side I'm not seeing the window to push requests. I do have this window on the DM side Screenshot 2021-12-19 110711.png.

I'm not seeing the older window (shown as the first image on the Forge description)

If I use thee window shown above it doesn't pop the notification on the player side.

If I use the manual roll request then nothing shows on the player side either.

Hidden manual rolls generate an error on the DM side [ERROR] Unknown special message type received. (RRdicetower).

I have disabled all extensions and tried it again but still have the same results.

Willing to try any suggestions to get this working again. Not a show stopper for my games but is defiantly and enhancement my players and I enjoy using.
    For me the biggest change in process was that just clicking the save/check/skill you want does not send the request. It is a simple way to select in the combo box. The die button sends the request. I came in as a player and tested it with a player and npc. All seems to be working.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thank you.

When I use the dice from the combo box then the "Manual DiceEntry" pops up.

I can click the die for a hidden roll and in the Players chat window I see the roll calculation but it doesn't actually roll.

In the DM chat window I'm seeing the [ERROR] unknown special message type received. (RRdicetower)

Screenshot 2021-12-19 114416.png

Wonder if it's an options setting I have enabled or disabled.

I have 'show DM rolls enabled"
    Last edited by Boneshooter; December 19th, 2021 at 16:55.

Yeah. Hidden is broken. 5 players no one could roll.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I solved this with:
    Quote Originally Posted by srmccarty View Post
    I know what caused this. I am initializing the message handler in the wrong place. As a work around, send a popup to a character controlled by the GM before sending one to the players. This only has to be done once per session.
    So I've created a test npc, owned it and copied it to the combat tracker. Sent it a roll request with the hidden icon selected and then I can delete the npc from the tracker as it now works.

Hope this helps.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

So it looks like hidden rolls work for NPCs but not PCs.

I'll work around it until we hear something more

Thank you for the checks / assist.

I followed the same steps and it's working. Just don't have the "old" window for the request and will have ot use the Main Tab in the RR window.

Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Boneshooter View Post
    So it looks like hidden rolls work for NPCs but not PCs.

I'll work around it until we hear something more

Thank you for the checks / assist.
    Did the players have the option turned on for the manual rolls? Or was it just auto-rolling for them?

The other thing that I have seen in the past was when the loadorder section of the XML that causes a conflict with other extensions (I resolved this by editing the extension.xml file and changing the loadorder from 99 to 9999).

Thread Information