Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.81%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

37 58.73%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 17.46%
Page 30 of 48 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last
    I enabled the player side option and it still does not pop up for the client.
    I disenabled loading of "instant dice" and the client popup now appears properly.

If I want to secretly roll dice for some players, how can I prevent the client popup from occurring ?
    Last edited by webdove; January 23rd, 2022 at 05:20.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    I enabled the player side option and it still does not pop up for the client.
    It rolling immediately is not me. I suspect this a conflict with instant dice. Try it without instant dice loaded and then testing. If the problem persists, it is another one of your extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreM View Post
    just asking here, if I load the extention as DM, and dont tell my players to change ANYHTHING in settings, then absolutly nothing changes?
    so i can have only a few players change, and the others that "couldn't be bothered to click a mouse any more than they already are" would not have to change a thing?
    Good Day FyreM
    From what our group has seen, if the player does not go in and change the setting it will do the rolls automatically for saves and such. If you send them a roll (like a perception check or something) then it will open the window to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    It rolling immediately is not me. I suspect this a conflict with instant dice. Try it without instant dice loaded and then testing. If the problem persists, it is another one of your extensions.
    You are correct. Instant Dice causes me to always roll. If instant Dice is not loaded then Requested Roll pops up the client request properly.

I want to be able to roll clandestinely for players. I would like to hide the animation so they don't know that I rolled. I would like to use Requested Rolls because that makes it easy for me.

If Requested Rolls could suppress my animations that would be awesome.

Would you be able to add "Min", "Median", "Max" of the rolls to the result? That would help a lot for party and partial party checks

You are correct. Instant Dice causes me to always roll. If instant Dice is not loaded then Requested Roll pops up the client request properly.

I want to be able to roll clandestinely for players. I would like to hide the animation so they don't know that I rolled. I would like to use Requested Rolls because that makes it easy for me.

Would you be able to add "Min", "Median", "Max" of the rolls to the result? That would help a lot for party and partial party checks
    Instant Dice is the cause for me for other exts also, I think the best option likely is to talk to Xelab and see if we can get them to update ID.

I love the min/median/max option you suggest too. That would be awesome for party rolls.

I doubt I'll add support for clandestine rolls, though I have reached out to xelab about compatibility. Not really what this extension is built for since all rolls for connected players are meant to be sent.

The min max thing is also probably a no since all the rolls are handled asynchronously by people clicking. The rolls don't contain data about which request made them pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    I doubt I'll add support for clandestine rolls, though I have reached out to xelab about compatibility. Not really what this extension is built for since all rolls for connected players are meant to be sent.

The min max thing is also probably a no since all the rolls are handled asynchronously by people clicking. The rolls don't contain data about which request made them pop up.
    The main reason for instant dice is to make it faster. Instead of seeing a 3d animation of a roll, it will instantly put the results of the dice out in chat/effects/etc.
    This helps a lot when you consider that rolls that about 2 to 3 second per roll. Taking up time when you end up doing a lot of rolls a night. Also with lag, it can make the rolls take even longer when ID doesn't slow up at all.

Couple with the fact that 3d dice are also set to a NON RNG, oddly enough. Its based on a physical die being rolled and not fully RNG. Which ID allows for numbers to be done 100% RNG.

If you think of your extension as not only covering the use-case "Players get to Roll" but also covering the use-case "DM gets a convenient way to make party rolls" then they can both be handled with this one extension and user interface.
    You already know the mechanics of having DM make the rolls since that is what has been happening when "dice animation" is disabled.

Usage question.
    Ruleset 4e.
    No other extension loaded.

Selecting ability Check and Skill check does not pop up dialog on client. Selecting the "Check" or "Skill" on what I assume is the group check does activate the pop up window on the client side but manual rolling of the dice does not work. Clicking on "Roll" icon does work.

Is this how Requested Rolls suppose to work?

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Usage question.
    Ruleset 4e.
    No other extension loaded.

Selecting ability Check and Skill check does not pop up dialog on client. Selecting the "Check" or "Skill" on what I assume is the group check does activate the pop up window on the client side but manual rolling of the dice does not work. Clicking on "Roll" icon does work.

Is this how Requested Rolls suppose to work?

By default the buttons in the expandable trays only select the roll you want to do. If you select the button with a wire frame d20 on it, the roll will immediately send.
    I'm not seeing an issue with processing rolls on the client. Make sure you are hitting the button that looks like a die.

Edit: the wireframe D20 im talking about is the one in the row of three buttons where you can set the rolls to hidden.
    Last edited by mccartysr; February 1st, 2022 at 02:02. Reason: Clarity

Thread Information