5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.81%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

37 58.73%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 17.46%
Page 36 of 48 First ... 26343536373846 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JayceStorm View Post
    I finally did some extensive testing and can confirm the conflict exists between the following extensions:

Ongoing Save Effects v2.2 by Kent McCullough
    Requested Rolls version 2.5.1 by mccartysr

I've attached a screen shot of the only 2 extensions loaded and the error message that is displaying in the chat window. This is different from the error log that pops up.

As previously mentioned, the error only occurs when the user that placed the effect on the NPC is logged in and they pass their turn to that NPC.

I have also posted this on Rob2e's Discord in #kent-mccullough-stuff channel as he is the other mod author. Any help troubleshooting what the conflict is between these 2 extensions would be greatly appreciated.\
    That error is not caused by me. I replaced the relevant calls back in November, and the other extension is using outdated code.
    Also, I had to go into Rob Twohys's discord to figure out what the other issue, but I am not in that server normally. For Discord support, you can reach out to me in the FG Discord in #forge_item_support.
    The other error "Script execution error: [string "scripts/rr manager action.lua"]:132: encodeJOSON: Invalid Argument" is because OSE does a couple non-standard things.
    So I found the issue. ongoing saves does a couple things differently from the base ruleset, so my code is getting rolls that are not formatted as expected. In particular, this is caused by #3.

1. Versus Saves are expected to first process through without dice attached and then get sent to the client by 5E. This means my code intercepts the roll while it is still on host.
    2. Versus Saves are expected to have a rSource of the rolling player when on client side in base ruleset code. This is because rSource determines who is doing the rolling
    3. If there is no rSource, I expect it to be nil, not a blank string. Also, rSource is supposed to be a table, not a string, so my code doesn't know how to handle it.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Should I just copy/paste your response to the discord channel and see if Kent can fix?

Quote Originally Posted by JayceStorm View Post
    Thank you for the detailed explanation. Should I just copy/paste your response to the discord channel and see if Kent can fix?
    You are welcome to

I did and thank you again for your detailed explanation. Kent saw the post and hopefully will find some time to fix the issue.

Regards,
    Jack

Is there a way to move the rolls button at the top of the chat window? I have another extension that puts buttons there, and this covers them...
    Unity Ultimate Paid GM
    Carrion Crown L12 - PF1e: LFP 5/3+ Mondays @1pm MT
    Wrath of the Righteous L10T3 - PF1e: 6/3+ Mondays @5PM MT
    Horde of the Dragon Queen L13- 5e LFP 5/3+ Tuesdays @5PM MT
    Rise of the Runelords B L9 - PF1e: LFP 4/3+ Wednesdays @530PM MT
    Harbingers L4 - PF1e: 5/3+ Sundays @9am MT
    Unchained Harbingers L1 - PF1e: Wednesdays @9am MT
    General Looking for Work and current.

Quote Originally Posted by Atracious View Post
    Is there a way to move the rolls button at the top of the chat window? I have another extension that puts buttons there, and this covers them...
    No. That button is part of CoreRPG, and I don't modify it. You should talk to the maker of your other extension.

V2.6

Version 2.6
    A couple nice features for the GM and a way for other extension authors to make rolls compatible with Requested Rolls.
    • Remove ability to not apply modifiers after roll is shown. This now happens all the time.
    • Implement ability for other extensions to register roll types that should be popups. This can use either rRoll.sType or rRoll.sSaveDesc
    • Add yellow indicator dot to character with current initiative
    • Add right click option to character portraits for them to make all rolls. (Right click the portrait on the console to make all of their rolls happen)

Just downloaded today. It is not working in Core/2e ruleset. I know not advertised to be working with that, just mentioning.
    Keeping this in my folder for updates so that hopefully one day it will work.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

V2.7

Version 2.7
    Add support for DnD 2E. If problems are found with this, I need a thorough explanation of what is wrong and what it should be like because I don't play 2E.
    Thank you to Anstett for providing the initial testing for this update.

V2.8

Version 2.8
    Add ability for GM to right click a player and delete their current rolls
    Add ability for GM to create and send arbitrary dice rolls to players. This includes support for rolls like 4d6d1. This now functions like the other roll types.

Thread Information