STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Making a detective board in FGU with "Strings and Pins"

Strings and Pins allow you to make detective boards in FGU.
    Capture d'écran 2024-04-06 142903.jpg
    Firstly open a New Image using the "cork board" asset (or whatever asset you have like a concret wall or any wall paper).

Then create a Drawing Layer called for exemple "photos" and place your photos/images documents using the stamp tool (place the image you want from Assets (not from Images) in the small frame under the stamp tool).
    Before placing them, vary their size with ctrl + mouse wheel and their angle with shift + wheel.

Then you create a "Strings" drawing layer for which you use the line tracer tool (next to the square tracer tool) by placing one of the 4 string assets (red, green, blue or yellow) in the small frame under the tool. You vary the size of the string, then trace a straight line with one click, then double-click (or esc) to stop the string. Or hold down the mouse button to manually draw a curve. You can adjust the color of the strings inside the line tracer tool. I provided 4 colors for ease of use.

Then a "pins" layer for the pins using the stamp tool. (You can vary the size of the pins either by changing the values in the tool or using the wheel).

The rope ends are not compulsory, you can do it with the mouse (a tiny circle looks like a knot). The ends are used to give the strings a bit of variety.

The awesome extension "Points of Interest" by Saagael can enhance vastly your "Strings and Pins" experience.

Very nice. Cool idea,
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I really like the way that looks. Great job.

JPG

Great contribution!

I absolutely love it! My players are in for a treat in our next scenario!

I noticed that the category on the forge is:

Categories:
    Unlisted Product
    I'm not seeing it in my extensions list, so I'm wondering if it's because of that.

Thanks guys for your kind words.
    @GKEnialb: have you tried to search for "pins", "string", "cork", "board", "knot" in your assets?
    The "unlisted product" means that it is usable for any ruleset.

Capture d'écran 2024-04-12 231018.jpg
    Capture d'écran 2024-04-12 230733.png
    Capture d'écran 2024-04-12 230705.png
    As you can see, you can also make great organisation charts. Every pins are clikable and lead to images or notes, thanks for the extension "Points of Interest" by Saagael.
    I will share more cork boards made by AI. The post-its can be found for free via google search.

Last edited by Egheal; April 13th, 2024 at 16:30. Reason: new cork boards already integrated to the Module.

Hmm. If I disable and re-enable it, I see it being downloaded, but nothing new shows up in my extension list (tried with loading an existing 5E campaign and then with creating new Core RPG or 5E campaigns) - I do see a new file in the vault, though. No pins or strings in the Assets.

I just tested and can confirm having the same issue as GKEnialb, just a 1kb file in the vault and nothing showing up in Assets.

Perhaps I screwed something in the last release? Can you please check for updates one more time?

Thread Information