Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

14 23.33%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

36 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

10 16.67%
Page 47 of 48 First ... 3745464748 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Not sure this matters to you or not, but you not longer need to "track" the effect on the caster for (C) effects. You should redo the coding on the effect that is placed on others to
    Guidance; (C); CHECK: 1d4
    I'm still pretty new to Fantasy Grounds effects, but as described Guidance would then apply to all rolls.

With that said, your answer lead me to a version of what you described that seems to be working great for Requested Rolls!!!

Changing the effect to "Guidance: 1d4; (C)" handles both the concentration of the original caster *and* triggers the requested roll for the consumer.

With that said, it's still useful to have the "self" effect on the original caster as a reminder they are maintaining concentration on something. So I can see using both, but this is going to help a lot.

Thank you.
    Last edited by lholden; December 4th, 2023 at 21:57. Reason: clarity

I noticed that the ": 1dx" part of the name is no longer triggering the extra die? Maybe I have something coded incorrect? Screen attached: 5e, only ext, v2,14.

It catches the roll just not adding the extra dice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I noticed that the ": 1dx" part of the name is no longer triggering the extra die? Maybe I have something coded incorrect? Screen attached: 5e, only ext, v2,14.

It catches the roll just not adding the extra dice.
    You have to click on the entry under reasons to add the dice, which I think is working normally. There are a lot of situations where you don't want to automatically use the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    You have to click on the entry under reasons to add the dice, which I think is working normally. There are a lot of situations where you don't want to automatically use the buff.
    I knew that! Dang! I should thought about it more before deciding it was broken. Thanks for the reminder. It is indeed working as expected.

I'm getting an error with Rolling Mirror EXT when using RR and suppressing rolls.

RR and Rolling Mirror plays fine when RR isn't suppressing rolls. So my guess is this might on the RR side. Can you check it out and let me know?
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

I'm getting an error with Rolling Mirror EXT when using RR and suppressing rolls.

RR and Rolling Mirror plays fine when RR isn't suppressing rolls. So my guess is this might on the RR side. Can you check it out and let me know?
    Please post the error so I know what I'm looking for.
    Also, steps to reproduce the error. I don't use Rolling Mirror.
    Last edited by mccartysr; February 11th, 2024 at 16:52. Reason: reproduction steps

Quote Originally Posted by mccartysr View Post
    Please post the error so I know what I'm looking for.
    Also, steps to reproduce the error. I don't use Rolling Mirror.
    The error is in Rolling Mirror, but it's being caused by RR.

Steps.

1)Load Fresh Campaign, Only RR and Rolling Mirror.
    2)Set Suppress Dice Animations "on" in RR
    3)Put
    Code:
    Mirror Image: 3
    , on a creature.
    4)Attack Creature with effect.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "RollingMirror:.._action_attack_override.lua"]:37: attempt to index local 'originalRoll' (a nil value)
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

The error is in Rolling Mirror, but it's being caused by RR.

Steps.

1)Load Fresh Campaign, Only RR and Rolling Mirror.
    2)Set Suppress Dice Animations "on" in RR
    3)Put
    Code:
    Mirror Image: 3
    , on a creature.
    4)Attack Creature with effect.
    I don't know what the root cause is, but these lines need to convert originalRollId to a string. i.e. tostring(rRoll.originalRollId)
    local originalRoll = originalRolls[rRoll.originalRollId];
    originalRolls[rRoll.originalRollId] = nil;

In my game, I use Requested Rolls to send a Roll Initiative request to the PCs at the beginning of new combat. My Fantasy Grounds 5e options are set to roll initiative each round, and in the past, that worked without any more clicking. Lately, the PCs get a pop-up request generated by RR to roll initiative at the beginning of each round. When I disable RR, it works as expected- auto roll initiative in subsequent rounds of combat.

Is there a setting I can't find to stop RR from intercepting the FG auto-initiative in subsequent combat rounds?

If you are using Effective Initiative, there is an option in that extension to enable RR to pop up that window for the players each round. It is default off, so I suspect it got turned on at some point.

Thread Information