FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Crew Roles

Crew Roles

OK, so am I doing something wrong? I noticed while adding an NPC (Captain Kaja Lena) I can switch her from passenger to gunner (or any other starship role), but I can not for PC crew. They are all stuck as passenger. This is on the Party & Ships Sheet > Ships tab

Capture.PNG
    Capture1.PNG

So am I doing something wrong? or how can I get my crew to man those positions for the PC Scraft

What's in the Crew section of that craft, the 'dropdown' is auto populated from that and you can then select any of those roles, some will need editing as each ship may have different roles even if they're the same type.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    What's in the Crew section of that craft, the 'dropdown' is auto populated from that and you can then select any of those roles, some will need editing as each ship may have different roles even if they're the same type.
    Maybe I am doing something wrong, as you can see in the pics provided, no one but the NPC has an option to bring up the menus. Is there another screen I am missing, or I'm confused I guess by your response. I'm sorry, not trying to be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayne187 View Post
    Maybe I am doing something wrong, as you can see in the pics provided, no one but the NPC has an option to bring up the menus. Is there another screen I am missing, or I'm confused I guess by your response. I'm sorry, not trying to be difficult.
    The crew role of the PC is selected in the PC sheet in the Ships tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg Barbeau View Post
    The crew role of the PC is selected in the PC sheet in the Ships tab.
    So I was on the right or wrong tab on the pic files I submitted, sorry I’m just confused.

NPC change roll on the Party sheet Ship tab.
    PC change roll on their individual PC sheet Ship tab.

Creating PC ships and adding crew is a little hard if you don't have any guidance.
    I figured it out but quickly forgot how to do it ended up a bit frustrated a few weeks later before I figured it out again.
    Could be a good Idea to give some hints tooltips or some text at the bottom of the window with instructions
    Last edited by Boldtaar; September 12th, 2021 at 01:40.

Yeah after reading MBMs post I worked and figured it out. Eventually… thank you for understanding my pain though! I’m not a computer guy by any means, and I’m fairly inexperienced with FGU and Traveller in general. I’m getting there though. Enough that I fell in brave enough to try and referee a games soon!

Having read the comments here I am still slightly confused. I can change the role of a PC on the PC ships tab, but I can only choose 'Astrogater', 'Pilot', 'Medic', 'Engineer', 'Steward'.

Is there no option to make folks Gunners or Sensor Operators? Does the list relate at all to the set of Crew Duties shown in the Ship Combat section of the Core 2E rules.

Also, once I have assigned someone a role I can't see a way to change them back to being a passenger - is this possible?

Finally is there any automation linked to the crew role or is it 'documentation'.?
    Thanks
    Last edited by fruitbat; October 10th, 2021 at 13:51.

Check and make sure that the crew positions you want are listed on the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by DHRo1970 View Post
    Check and make sure that the crew positions you want are listed on the ship.
    Thanks, that seems to work. So in order to change a PC back to 'Passenger' I'd need to make that a crew role?

The actions just seem to relate to the Gunner so I guess there are no actions associated with other roles?

Thread Information