STAR TREK 2d20

How do you change the linked skill die on attacks?

Is it possible to change the attacking dice of an attack from Shooting to a different skill like Science? It appears that the skill dice are linked to the weapon's "Type" (ie, Ranged type weapons automatically link to the Shooting die). I've tried not assigning a weapon type, but the "assign" button that appears next to the weapon on the combat tab doesn't appear to do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    Wow!. Can't believe this was just asked/posted today . . . I am currently working on a conversion and was searching again on how to do it. Talk about timing!
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

I guess I should have clarified in the original post, but I'm using Fantasy Grounds Unity, Savage Worlds Adventure rules. The buttons shown in the video no longer exist as far as I can see, and there isn't even the ability to insert anything into the weapon's "TYPE" category, let alone the ability to copy a skill.

On the character's Combat tab, right click on the attack dice (the die to the left of the weapon name).
    On the radial, select "attack info". It's circled in red in the image.
    Step1.png

On the attack info form, right click on the "Type" drop down. A radial will appear. Select the "set trait" option. It's circled in red.
    Step2.png

When you click set trait, the menu disappears and your cursor will be blinking in the type field, which now looks like a text box. I show the place you right click in a red box.
    Type whatever skill you want then press enter. (I used Stealth as an example.)
    Square braces will appear around what you type (don't add those yourself). The attack dice will change on the attack on the combat tab behind the info form.
    Step3.png

Remember to add your custom skill before this step. Although if you change it in info before adding the custom skill, it will link up correctly if you add the custom skill after this.

Thread Information