FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: PCROLL problems

PCROLL problems

I wonder if PCROLL being applied to NPCs is intended? Furthermore I thought that the PCROLL effect would automatically be deleted once the action is resolved (like damage applied)?

Furthermore one my of extensions might be slightly incompatible with PCROLL, but I have yet to find out which. Currently a simple SUCCESS = half damage PCROLL seems to apply full damage, whereas ALT-click for automatic resolve works (as does a CRITICAL SUCCESS = no damage). I will report back once I know the offender.

Does anyone know if the NPC part is intended or not? Currently this makes me switch PCROLL on/off repeatedly, because I don't want to do all NPC rolls manually.

I believe this only happens when you trigger the NPC's roll as the GM. If you open a player's instance and target the NPC the NPC should roll automatically.

I tested this and you seem to be correct. A player client seems to make the NPC roll automatically. Thanks for the reply and information, it's well appreciated!

At the moment PCROLLS don’t get deleted automatically in my campaign. Not sure why. I might do a bit of digging to see if it’s extension related, or I’m doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    At the moment PCROLLS don’t get deleted automatically in my campaign. Not sure why. I might do a bit of digging to see if it’s extension related, or I’m doing something wrong.
    Please see the release 18 video linked in the first post in the Release 18 thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rmation-thread

The PC Roll functionality is outlined starting at 21:55 With information about removing PCROLL effects mentioned just after 25:00. RemoveAllEffects (now also available as a button in NPC actions - hover over this button for some tooltip info) will trigger any effects in the ability with a save result based off any stored PCROLL results, and also remove those PCROLL effects for that ability. Just applying damage or individual effects won't remove a PCROLL effect because other actions may need to be applied. Instead of ApplyAllEffects you can use the Remove PCROLL effects CT menu option to remove all PCROLL effects in the CT.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 8th, 2021 at 16:16.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for clarifying that. Since the NPC action buttons usually does nothing in the bought adventures we use (e.g. Age of Ashes) I overlooked that it also removed PCROLL effects. The RemoveAllEffects is a bit too hidden behind three consecutive clicks, so I will try to use the NPC buttons more.

Why are PCROLLs applied to NPCs when the GM uses them from player sheets? Is this intended for GM testing or just a limitation of the current implementation?

Thread Information