DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 36 of 38 First ... 263435363738 Last
    You missed the part where I specifically stressed the ability to have directional walls, where light/sound/movement can only pass from one side, but not the other.

But then again, you maybe did not look for discussion or information, you looked for a reason to put me into a corner of being the grumpy negative guy who is only posting about unreal flaws in one of the represented tribes?!

If the latter is not true then please take more care to read the posts you reply to, especially if they are as specific as my last post was about the feature being discussed. Like me putting an extra exclamation mark behind the topic of discussion: "Wall direction!" (and to a lesser extend being able to change walls after creation and all the advanced controls). This very obviously was not about windows.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; March 28th, 2022 at 11:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    You missed the part where I specifically stressed the ability to have directional walls, where light/sound/movement can only pass from one side, but not the other.

But then again, you maybe did not look for discussion or information, you looked for a reason to put me into a corner of being the grumpy negative guy who is only posting about unreal flaws in one of the represented tribes?!

If the latter is not true then please take more care to read the posts you reply to, especially if they are as specific as my last post was about the feature being discussed. Like me putting an extra exclamation mark behind the topic of discussion: "Wall direction!" (and to a lesser extend being able to change walls after creation and all the advanced controls). This very obviously was not about windows.
    Well, my apologies for not reading carefully then. I was just asking a question. But I can see that this isn't a discussion I want to participate in further.

Real-world memory consumption - instead of just listed specs - for both Foundry in Chrome and FGU loading the same Pathfinder 2E system (PF2 Core Rulebook unloaded in FGU for ca. 100 mb less memory usage), same Fall of Plaguestone adventure, same map.

Foundry showing a higher resolution version of the map with all encounter tokens on the map vs. FGU showing a lower resolution version of the same map with no encounter tokens on the map:

Running a GM + player session on the same PC (both FGU processes started fresh):

Foundry server running on my Synology NAS (to which the Chrome client connects):
    I suspect these are the values from your player who couldn't play FGU with less than 4 GB RAM but could play on Foundry? Because that it what started this.

Because I can't test FVTT on my own system for free I simply went to the online 5e demo as a player and loaded a CoS Adventure in FGU on the second monitor.
    FVTT: Map with FX, Lighting, a few tokens, the SRD available and the character sheet open
    FGU: Map with FX, Lighting, a few tokens, the PHB & Xanathar's available and the character sheet open

On my system (8-core, 32 GB RAM, 8GB VRAM)

I don't really see any big difference as a player.

Blog Entries

Please assume everyone here is posting and asking questions in good faith. People are assuming you are doing so, grant them the courtesy of the same assumption.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Let's get back to the real comparison. One thing I learned to love in Foundry and would very much like to see in FGU: Wall direction! In Foundry you can set any wall to only be blocking from one side, but not the other. Furthermore you can define that for movement, light and sound separately. Additionally you can switch between "normal" and "limited" for light and sound, the latter of which allowing light/sound to pass one wall, but be blocked by a second wall behind that. Last but not least, you can edit any wall afterwards.

In FGU I sometimes emulate a similar effect using pits, but it's rather difficult to set up and doesn't really work as well as having full control over walls. Here is an example where I used pits to allow tokens to be pushed into the water, but not getting back up (without GM assistance). Everything outside the pier and ship is one large pit (actually another for the backside of the ship).

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post

As for walls that allow light to pass, doesn't FGU have multiple wall options, including the ability to set a "window" that limits movement but allows light to pass? I use that all the time for balconies and barred dungeons.
    Like me putting an extra exclamation mark behind the topic of discussion: "Wall direction!" (and to a lesser extend being able to change walls after creation and all the advanced controls). This very obviously was not about windows.
    Just FYI this has been on the vote for a bit, more people can vote it up maybe it will be higher up the list. I've asked for this many times myself.

https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135876 << Vote

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ne-way-viewing << Thread talking about it.

Again, wrong thread. But my Chrome (no Foundry modules enabled):

Your Chrome: 16 processes, likely a whole bunch of Chrome extensions, maybe multiple open tabs.

And here I activated 149 Foundry modules, now Chrome stays at 8 processes even when I deactivate all modules again (most of them at 0 load and minimal memory):

So go through your Chrome extensions and Foundry modules (use the "Find the culprit" module to help with that).

You can also use the Chrome Task Manager:

PS: You can ignore that particular GPU reading of yours, because when you run both FGU and Foundry one of them produces those supposed peaks, which are not really happening if you measure at the GPU level. On my system Task Manager displays that for FGU instead, same thing.
    Thanks. I shut off all the extensions and I didn't realize that Chrome had it own Task Manager. The only other tab that I had open was this thread but I made sure not to have any tabs open except for Foundry.

Then I reran the tests but did them separately so they wouldn't cause any issues with each other and so there would be a better comparison. I used the Gauntlight Ruins (Level 1) map for both tests. I place the tokens in the same place and selected them so the LoS and lighting would be active. Here is the raw data:

Foundry GM Only
    Screenshot 2022-03-28 093740.png

Foundry with GM and Player connections
    Screenshot 2022-03-28 093851.png

FGU GM Only
    Screenshot 2022-03-28 094635.png

FGU with GM and Player connections
    Screenshot 2022-03-28 094756.png

Here are the comparisons:
    Screenshot 2022-03-28 111732.png

So it looks like they are pretty close on CPU and Memory on my system but GPU is much better with FGU on my system. Please let me know if anyone wants any more details.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Foundry doesn't work on Linux, so I can't install it, or waste money buying it either. So looks like I win.

I'm bowing out of this thread. Hywell did a great job, now its turning into a dice rolls thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Foundry doesn't work on Linux, so I can't install it, or waste money buying it either. So looks like I win.

I'm bowing out of this thread. Hywell did a great job, now its turning into a dice rolls thread.
    It does. I run my foundry in CentOS in Azure. You need to install node.js and submit foundry as application to launch. You can create unit file to run it as daemon as well.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

And another thing. Roadmaps.... if you don't have a roadmap people complain (see above) but if you do have a road map, people complain (see the future).. seen it with big and huge budget companies. Usually its the same people doing the complaining too.

So for that reason, I'm out (of this thread)

P.s. Doug said dice skins are in the pipeline. Watch the Friday streams. YBAS

-double post-
    Last edited by Weissrolf; March 31st, 2022 at 11:05.

Thread Information