DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FG Forge Subscriptions Broken?

Is anyone else running into an issue loading user made extensions from the FG Forge?
    Specific example I'm running into issues with -> https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/68/view

Previously, I had just downloaded and manually installed this extension.
    But now, the Forge required I get it (for $0), but then didn't give any download option.
    I can see it in my Forge subscriptions (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/inventory) and it lists enabled.
    But when I check for updates from FG, I get the message 'No Forge subscriptions'

Additionally, if I try to disable it from my Forge inventory, I get an error message indicating 'Failed to disable item.'

The only threads I can find on this are that the FG Unity Forge item auto-update feature is a work in progress and not complete.
    But if that's the case, how am I supposed to download and install this extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamanteus View Post
    Previously, I had just downloaded and manually installed this extension.
    But now, the Forge required I get it (for $0), but then didn't give any download option.
    Once you add on the Forge you just open the FG Updater and click Update.
    It will download future updates whenever you update it, so you shouldn't have to work with many ext files anymore.
    Last edited by bmos; August 31st, 2021 at 16:53.

Yes, I already tried that.
    There's no indication that running the update loads the extension.
    Also, the update process specifically lists that 'No Forge subscriptions' are detected.

FGUpdater.jpg
    Last edited by Adamanteus; August 31st, 2021 at 16:53. Reason: Added screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Adamanteus View Post
    the update process specifically lists that 'No Forge subscriptions' are detected.
    And you are signed into the same account in FG that you are using on the Forums?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    And you are signed into the same account in FG that you are using on the Forums?
    Yes. Same account on both. See attached images.

FGUpdater.jpg
    Forge Inventory.jpg

Please reach out to support to have them look into it and see if additional steps on our end is needed.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...stomer/portals
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Please reach out to support to have them look into it and see if additional steps on our end is needed.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...stomer/portals
    Fair enough, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something critical I missed (or if it was general problem folks were already aware of.)
    I'll get a support request submitted.

Thank you both for your quick responses.

The same thing occured to me while I was in the "Test"-Channel, no subscriptions were found via the FGU-Updater. I switched to the "Live"-Channel and without any problems the subscriptions were there.

Maybe there is a problem with the different channels?

or....
    none of your Forge items HAD "testing" releases.
    When a dev publises a release to the Forge, they click if the release is for LIVE or TEST. it follows that if you are in TEST and none of your Forge items have TEST versions, that you would indeed see " No Forge subscriptions"

also once a DEV has finished what ever "testing" they wanted to do, it is very possible for them to MOVE that version from TEST to LIVE.. once again, leaving no TEST verison for you to see.

I've submitted this to the Devs to review. The expectation in the current DLC update system is that builds fall through to Live if there are no specific builds in that channel. I've asked them to review to make sure whether the same logic exists in Forge system, and whether that's relevant to this issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information