DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Saving Token Lights?

Is there any way to save a token light to be applied to a character? I have a player with a rapier that glows with a pale blue light. It is annoying to have to make that light token over and over again every time she is on a new map. Is it possible to save that effect somehow to be applied as needed?

In the Options dialog, there is a way to create presets for token lights you commonly use, and specify an effect tag such as "weapon". Then, you can just add an effect "LIGHT: 5 weapon" to the PC in the combat tracker.

Regards,
    JPG

This doesn't allow for color to be added though does it?

Nevermind. Awesome, thank you!

Yes, it does.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well, I created it, but it refuses to do anything. I set it up exactly like "candle" that is already there by default and simply changed the color, yet it does nothing when i place the effect on the player. I don't see what I am doing wrong.
    Last edited by Desmodaeus; August 29th, 2021 at 18:47.

And creating an effect in the actions tab of LIGHT: weapon and then applying it does nothing? Or even just applying the effect from the effects panel whilst the character is selected on the CT?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I add the effect in the CT of any other pre-made light tokens and it works. Then I drag the one I created onto her character in the CT and it does nothing. Then I create another one of a different color with the exact same parameters, and that one works, but the original one doesn't. I don't know what is going on.
    Last edited by Desmodaeus; August 29th, 2021 at 19:13.

I figured it out. Apparently, tags must be unique? I had two effects using the same tag. Now that I made them different, it works. Still don't know why it didn't work from the first time though before I created two effects, since there was only one with the tag originally. I did restart FG and it worked after, so who knows. Anyway, happy it works! Thanks as usual guys.

Thread Information