5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Thanks to @bmos' idea, I uploaded another version in the Forge.

This new version extends the functionality to buttons in the action "details" view. (see bratch9's comment).

Also, as this implementation does not interfere with UI elements, it could fix conflicts with other extensions (see MrDDT's and nephranka's comments). This has not been tested however.

Quote Originally Posted by fxg42 View Post
    Also, as this implementation does not interfere with UI elements, it could fix conflicts with other extensions (see MrDDT's and nephranka's comments). This has not been tested however.
    It should, although I've never seen anyone store the original function how you are doing it so I can't say for sure.
    You also have a potential issue since you don't have an onClose function.
    Because of that, every time your campaign script is called, it may be creating a ever-deeper nest of functions calling each other.
    Last edited by bmos; September 5th, 2021 at 16:54.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    It should, although I've never seen anyone store the original function how you are doing it so I can't say for sure.
    You also have a potential issue since you don't have an onClose function.
    Because of that, every time your campaign script is called, it may be creating a ever-deeper nest of functions calling each other.
    That sounds bad...I assume that would lead to a system crash?
    I will give it some tests.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    That sounds bad...I assume that would lead to a system crash?
    I will give it some tests.
    Not necessarily. It would only 'deepen' the nest of functions when the powers tab windowclass is unloaded/loaded and I'm not so familiar with when things get unloaded in FG.
    I'd guess it would just get slower if the character sheet was closed and re-opened a bunch. Eventually it could crash, but probably it isn't getting unloaded enough times in a session to actually get there.

EDIT: I just realized the script in this extension is actually a named script now, it just hasn't been moved into /scripts (still in campaign/scripts as windowclass scripts usually are). So this concern is not a problem.
    Last edited by bmos; September 5th, 2021 at 18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    EDIT: I just realized the script in this extension is actually a named script now, it just hasn't been moved into /scripts (still in campaign/scripts as windowclass scripts usually are). So this concern is not a problem.
    Thanks! You had me worried for an instant I'll move the file to avoid future confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by fxg42 View Post
    Thanks to @bmos' idea, I uploaded another version in the Forge.

This new version extends the functionality to buttons in the action "details" view. (see bratch9's comment).

I can confirm that at least with combat automation we still have a conflict. No change in the dbl click behavior with both running.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I can confirm that at least with combat automation we still have a conflict.
    Thank you for your help in testing this. For now, I've added a warning about this conflict on the forge page.

Please do not keep changing the ext name in forge, as it does not remove the previous versions... so causes a mess in the extensions folder..

And for the non-devs, causes them issues because they see at the top list of extensions they have your extension loaded, but its not the new one... that one is down off the bottom of the list of extensions with a matching name.

Use the 'test' channel if you want to try things out and get more feedback on compatibility.

I do not want to see loads of extensions deciding to have v1,v2,v3,v4,v5.... version of extensions to clean up on the game folder.

( If this does happen we need a naming convention, so it easy to clean up, and so FGU can auto pick the new version from the bunch etc.. )

Just my 2p.. I know the less developer class people just will not spot and have issues if loads of developers start dropping loads of version history into the extensions folder. Just keep the name stable.

At worst change the <name> tag so have the version number so that its easy to see in FG what version is selected. Multiple lines of 'Single Click Action 5e Extension' in the list ( split top and bottom of the list ) does not help, as you might have to re-load a large module pack campaign when you notice its the wrong version. And we all know how fast FG is with initial loads of campaign folder.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Use the 'test' channel if you want to try things out and get more feedback on compatibility.
    I'll be sure to do that from now on.

Any chance this extension could work with Starfinder? When I try it with Starfinder I get this error message.

[9/6/2021 6:00:33 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/single_click_manager.lua"]:3: attempt to index global 'PowerManager' (a nil value)
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information