5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    For spells I would put it with the range in the string field.
    For spells slots you just need to edit char_abilities xml.
    For npc intelligence you might need to use notes tab as I'm not sure it's going to add any automation.
    For skills a change to the code or an extension will be required. I might change the ruleset code. There are some OSE optional rules that use custom dice rollers.
    For levels the code goes to max 14 but you can level manually if needed.

I'm looking for someone to make this extension, because I can barely tinker with an existing extension, let along make my own.

Spell Effect: Range field is too small to include it in my opinion. Example: https://puu.sh/Ibj00/5a6a1d48fd.png. Is it possible to add the field with an extension? Like I said it can go at the top of the description worst case.
    Spell Slots: No idea how to do this, I'm looking for someone that can do this?
    NPC Intelligence: No automation, just looking to have the field added. Is it a big deal to do that?
    Skills: If this change was made to the ruleset that would be super awesome.
    Levels: How do I manually change the 14? It won't let me type. If it's not going to adjust the HP/THACO/Saves (and hide the XP Needed field)... that's a real drawback. Can it be raised with an Extension?

Dang I suck. I tried to make an Extension to just change to spell type cycler to only have Clerical|Druidic|Magical and I can't even figure that out LOL
    Last edited by Xorn; September 14th, 2021 at 17:16.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Holy ****! I did it! Through sheer brute force, and very little understanding, I tinkered with it till I finally made a working BECMI extension! All it does is make the Level Up button work up to max level for whatever class, expand the spell slots to 9 levels with tooltips, and update the class list and spell tables to Cleric, Fighter, Magic User, Thief, Dwarf, Elf, Halfing, Druid, and Mystic. The Dwarf can go to 22 (12 + Attack Rank), Elf to 20, Halfling to 18, and Mystic to 16. Druid is what Clerics can switch to at 9, and goes up to 36.

The files I modified in the OSE2 ruleset are:
    strings_OSE2.xml
    campaign\class_detail.xml
    campaign\character_sheet_abilities.xml
    campaign\spells.xml
    campaign\sub_main.xml
    campaign\scripts\manager_char.lua

I started off just changing one number in Class Detail and see what it broke, then checked that file to figure out what it was referencing, and just kept doing that till I got it working. Can't believe I managed to stumble through this. Anyway here's the final extension:

EDIT: Continued to tweak. Reduced the spell type cycler to "Clerical|Druidic|Magical" and totally re-did the Item Type/Subtypes to fit the Rules Cyclopedia items better.

Attachment 49642 Link updated 10/24/2021
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Xorn; October 25th, 2021 at 01:54.
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Good job man.
    Thanks! Now I'm racing through trying to get the Rules Cyclopedia module converted. The story entries transfer right over of course. Copy-pasta'd the spell text over wasn't too bad, same with the skills. Items & NPCs will take a little longer but some of it is retained. Then it's just updating links.
    Ultimate License DM

Small update pushed. Cleaned up more code around inventory management this time. Please let me know if anyone is seeing any errors. I test new builds but you never know!

Do you keep a changelog of what files changed? I should see if those are in my extension I assume.
    Ultimate License DM

I actually thought about you when I pushed this. You should be good to go. As people are building stuff I'm trying to be very careful with what I change.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    I actually thought about you when I pushed this. You should be good to go. As people are building stuff I'm trying to be very careful with what I change.
    Cool. I'm curious is it hard to change the tab-order of a sheet? I'd like to adjust the NPC window so it tabs through the fields better.
    Ultimate License DM

Does the NPC parser not work on your monsters?

Thread Information