STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillermo View Post
    Hi Everyone,

First of all thanks for the amazing ruleset. I was playing around creating some characthers and i think i may have found a bug. Not sure if it is related to this extension or the Old School Essentials Classic Fantasy SRD by AlterZwerg.

It looks like when you add a shield to a PC, it is lowering the AC by 2 and not 1.

Attachment 49616

Here is my AC using a Chainmail. As soon as I equip the shield the following thing happens:

Attachment 49617

Attachment 49618

I think the new AC should be 4 instead of 3, as my AC should be going one step lower.
    If you are using the SRD shields are coded wrong. For non magic shields the modifier box should be 0. If you can not see the modifier box then take subtype to magic and reset it!.

Awesome. I actually noticed that if I created a custom shield it would work properly. I could not find a forum for the SRD but looks like you are already aware of the issue.

I will test your suggestion shortly.

Regards

There was an issue with shields some time ago, but I thought I fixed that in the SRD.
    The AC Bonus of 1 for shields is coded into the Ruleset so the shield should provide AC +1
    If there is still a mod of 1 on the shield item that should only be there if the shield is magical.
    Normally that should be 0. I’ll check that later…
    bayne has been pushing so many updates recently, I haven‘t been able to keep up with that
    Last edited by AlterZwerg; October 23rd, 2021 at 17:52.

How it was set up originally was not intuitive. I made the box disappear unless "magic" was selected to subtype. Thanks for letting us know.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    If you are using the SRD shields are coded wrong. For non magic shields the modifier box should be 0. If you can not see the modifier box then take subtype to magic and reset it!.
    That did the trick.

I just pushed a fix. Seems like something was still stuck somewhere in the DB.
    Deleting the shield completely and creating it anew did the trick. So if there are issues with existing characters, delete the shield and drag a new one over from "Items".
    Also one of the recent updates broke the "Movement" field on existing NPCs. I´ve fixed them up to "K", but it may take me a while to get to all of them. (SRD!)

hotfix today.

Strength modifier was being applied to non targeting damage rolls for ranged weapons

Woof. Looks like pretty much every file the BECMI extension touches was changed. I've got to start over to get all my changed in. Will edit this message when I've done it.

EDIT: Thanks mostly to the wonderful Compare plugin for N++, I've updated the BECMI_OSE2 extension for the latest version of the ruleset.

BECMI_OSE2.ext updated 10/24/2021

As a side note, the fields don't line up horizontally on the NPC main tab at the top. Feels like Armour Class & THAC0 should be on the same vertical pixel, same for Hit Dice / Movement. (Hit Points & Size are lined up.) The movement string field is too high as well. I was going to fix it in the extension, but since that's literally the only thing I'd be changing in the file, probably better to just ask if you want to fix them before I mess with it. Especially as npc_main.xml seems like a prime candidate for more tweaks in the future.

Last edited by Xorn; October 25th, 2021 at 01:55.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    OK new .pak file on the forge. There was an error in the roller that occurred with some spells. I fixed the roller and added code to prevent errors if the spell is not properly built in. I also changed the die field to a string field. So instead of dropping die you will type "1d6" etc. Damage and heal spells will need to be updated. I forwarded the changes to AlterZwerg who created the SRD.

Second. You may notice a new button for NPC effects on the NPC record. The following damage types are in the game. Acid, cold, fire, electrical, poison, chlorine, psychic, radiant, mundane, magic and silver. The following effect types are in game: IMMUNE RESIST, VULN, ATK, DMG, AC, SAVE.

An example would be IMMUNE: poison or AC:1. This is a work in progress. When you input the text into the NPC it automatically populates the Combat Tracker. For now only ATK DMG , AC and SAVE are coded to automate. The rest are coming in updates as I add fields to both spells and weapons and code the scripts.

To code this on an NPC just type the damage type in the appropriate box. If the monster has mundane damage immunity use: "can only be harmed by silvered or magical weapons" or "from nonmagical attacks". For the one monster that has damage reduction by half you can use : "All damage reduced by half". Use commas to separate any damage types.

For example: "poison, fire, and can only be harmed by silvered or magical weapons"

Should yield : IMMUNE: poison,fire,mundane, !silver,!magic.
    Can we just put in "IMMUNE: poison, fire, mundane, !silver, !magic" instead of the full text? Actually looks like you can just put "poison, fire, mundane, except silver or magic"
    Last edited by Xorn; October 25th, 2021 at 19:03.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

I did it that way so you can literally copy an paste from the OSE pdf.

You can just type this.

poison, fire, cold

We are going to close this thread and start a new one on the OSE forum.

Thread Information