DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin1885 View Post
    Unfortunately I've already tried this but I don't know why the cone is not among the options, in fg classic I didn't have the problem but with unity I do.
    On the image right click---> select the arrow----> select the cone. Its says "Draw Cone" When you hover over it. I just made a new campaign and I verified it is there.Radial Menu.jpg

My fault for sure, I'll try again tomorrow. Thank you for now. Is there any news on any agreements to make the ruleset official?

There is lots going on regard that. This ruleset has the blessing of NG and hopefully we can announce some products for the forge very soon. The reference tomes are ready to go and lots of people are asking to develop adventures. If you want a better answer ping Gavin over at Necrotic Gnome discord.

In coding a new Thief 3 NPC with a +6 to attack and +2 damage, I am adding a "6" in the ATK box and "2d6+2" in the damage string box - but it appears the damage roll is adding both the ATK and DMG bonuses. Am I doing it wrong or is there glitch perhaps?

Capture.PNG

So the attack box is for weapon mod . So if the weapon is plus one it goes in that box otherwise that box is always zero. The attack bonus automatically takes into account strength or dex bonuses. If the thier has some other bonus to attack give him the effect ATK:6 on the combat tracker.

How are you getting the plus six to attack? By the way damage also takes into account str modifiers to damage. You only need to put weapon base damage into that block.

Edit: I am on my phone and just saw this is an npc. Post the npcs stat block here so I can look at it. All of what's above applies to PCs. Thanks
    Last edited by bayne7400; October 9th, 2021 at 14:01.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post

Edit: I am on my phone and just saw this is an npc. Post the npcs stat block here so I can look at it. All of what's above applies to PCs. Thanks
    What I entered is in the image above - the stat block is:

3rd level thief, AC 4 due to leather armor, ring of protection +1 and Dexterity 17, hp 15, AT 1 at +2, D 3-8, ML 10). The hermit has a 30% chance to move silently and a 20% chance to hide in shadows. His madness gives him a +2 bonus to hit and a +2 bonus on damage (thus the bonus for striking from behind is +6 to hit, and double normal damage +2 points.)

Ok thanks. I've put in over 200 monsters but let me rethink the npc weapons block. This needs to work with all OSE and BX monsters. I'll work on it tonight. It won't break anything but I think I'll change how that atk blocks works for npcs in the roller. Thank you for the feedback

Normally I would say you use the mod box for the attack behind and ATK:2 for the permanent madness ability. So you could code it with a 2 in the box ATK:2 and use modifier for attack behind
    Last edited by bayne7400; October 9th, 2021 at 14:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    What I entered is in the image above - the stat block is:

3rd level thief, AC 4 due to leather armor, ring of protection +1 and Dexterity 17, hp 15, AT 1 at +2, D 3-8, ML 10). The hermit has a 30% chance to move silently and a 20% chance to hide in shadows. His madness gives him a +2 bonus to hit and a +2 bonus on damage (thus the bonus for striking from behind is +6 to hit, and double normal damage +2 points.)
    So reading that stat block his attack is +2 and his damage is 1d6 +2 (3-8). Both plus 2(s) are from madness. The other plus two is when he attacks from behind. For that you would use the modifier box in the bottom right.

I forgot I disabled the ability to drop weapons onto the NPC record. So doing it your way is more intuitive.[/B]

Edit: I updated the pak file, you can try it now. This only effects NPCs. PCs and all weapons did not change how they function. Good feedback thanks
    thief.jpg
    Last edited by bayne7400; October 9th, 2021 at 20:26.

Thank you for the response and explanation! I can work with this.

Thread Information