STAR TREK 2d20

New to FG/FGU and trying to create an effect for Aura of Conquest

Has anyone figured this out yet? New to the FG 5e system and each day find another reason to love it. Effects seem so much easier to work with then Foundry VTT AE , but for the life of me can not sort out getting the Aura of Conquest to work. I am using the Aura Effect extension and trying to get it to were any foe with in 10ft have to make a wisdom saving throw on their turn. If failed the are frightened.

This is how I structured the effect
    AURA: 10 foe; Aura of Conquest; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEO: wisdom DC 15 ; Frightened

What am I missing? All this is doing is applying the Aura icon to creatures but even if they failed the saving throw it is not applying the Frightened condition.

New system to learn and I am eager. Not a programmer but going through the wiki on effects, it seems to be somewhat straight forward.

I'm not familiar with the aura extension so I can't say for sure. But I don't think that you can apply an effect based on the result of a saving throw. You'd need some other test I think within the extension to automatically apply an effect. If I understand the effect you have correctly all it will do is roll a saving throw. There's no test that I can see in your effect line which would enable the saving throw result to then apply the frightened effect on a failed save.

You may have more luck posting in the thread for the aura extension here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...E-Aura-Effects

And welcome to FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks, I will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by meadegendar View Post
    Has anyone figured this out yet? New to the FG 5e system and each day find another reason to love it. Effects seem so much easier to work with then Foundry VTT AE , but for the life of me can not sort out getting the Aura of Conquest to work. I am using the Aura Effect extension and trying to get it to were any foe with in 10ft have to make a wisdom saving throw on their turn. If failed the are frightened.

This is how I structured the effect
    AURA: 10 foe; Aura of Conquest; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEO: wisdom DC 15 ; Frightened

What am I missing? All this is doing is applying the Aura icon to creatures but even if they failed the saving throw it is not applying the Frightened condition.

New system to learn and I am eager. Not a programmer but going through the wiki on effects, it seems to be somewhat straight forward.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no frightened effect with Aura of Conquest, nor is there a DC. So why would you code it like this?

Thread Information