STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Which fields are both editable and rollable on a PF2 sheet? I genuinely don't know any except for the singular "Hero Points" field (and double clicking a spell name just posts its name in chat).

v4.16 was just rolled out on my PC and I gave it a quick try. Rollable fields can now be safely double-clicked, but of course there are still fields on PF2 sheets that remain single-click and cannot be double-clicked.

So rolls seem consistent now, albeit superfluously double-click from my perspective, but the sheet as a whole is still a mixed matter. It will be up to the player whether they can compute that mix or start double-clicking on buttons/fields/whatever like Mode/Display and proficiencies now.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    So rolls seem consistent now, albeit superfluously double-click from my perspective, but the sheet as a whole is still a mixed matter. It will be up to the player whether they can compute that mix or start double-clicking on buttons/fields/whatever like Mode/Display and proficiencies now.
    There's one control that's misleading. The weapon damage control. I'll look into changing this to be white, and also add the little dice icon indicating that it is a rollable field, in a future release. Fields that are grey in the standard theme are single click interactions.

The rules of use are (controls colours from the standard PF2 theme):
    • white number/text fields with a small dice icon = double-click to initiate an action (make a roll or apply an effect)
    • grey number/text fields/cycler controls = if not read-only, single click to change (one step change in a cycler control, enter edit mode for a number/text control).
    • Small square buttons = single click to initiate an action (make a roll or apply an effect)

Like I've mentioned, the exception to this is the weapon damage control in the actions tab, I'll change this in a future release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What is the reason behind keeping only the white fields double-click when everything else is single-click? I suggest to go full in and change them to single-click, too. Then everything is single-click and even protected against accidental double-clicks by Moon Wizard's latest core change.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    What is the reason behind keeping only the white fields double-click when everything else is single-click? I suggest to go full in and change them to single-click, too. Then everything is single-click and even protected against accidental double-clicks by Moon Wizard's latest core change.
    Because that is changing the standard that has been there for many years across a lot of rulesets. If SmiteWorks make a decision to change that standard then the PF2 ruleset will follow.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

But Smitework stated that it is up to the ruleset developers to change these standards. So everyone is pointing responsibility away from themselves.

From a relatively new users' point of view (less than 2 years) we don't feel good having to suffer for the rather abstract argument of "no change". Bad design is bad design, it doesn't get better by clinging to it forever.

"Bad design" is very subjective. The standard is: double-click on a number/text field to roll, single click to interact with a number/text field, single click to initiate a button - this is not, bad design IMO. I know you think it is, but I disagree with you.

There's a standard that's there, if SmiteWorks wants to change that standard then that's up to them. Closing this thread.

Thread Information