STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Of buttons and text-fields

Please make "blue" single-click buttons and double-click text-fields more distinguishable from each other. They currently look the same despite needing different number of mouse-clicks. Thanks.

SW stated that single vs. double click behavior of character sheets is up for the ruleset developers to implement. What is your stance on having single- and double-click buttons mixed, especially on the Action tab? My players get confused about that regularly.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; September 3rd, 2021 at 22:15.

To be honest, even I goof that up sometimes.. and some of my players struggle to find the buttons much less know how to use them correctly
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

With Moon Wizard stating single-click to be the new default. Will the PF2 ruleset follow suit on character sheets?

I didn't say that the new default is single-click. I just updated the code so that buttons will ignore double-clicks, so that players will not accidentally double roll if they do double click.

Regards,
    JPG

Ah yes, I forgot that "buttons" are only those tiny little things in the spells section of the Action tab, while everything big (single or double-clickable) is a "text field". So you only referred to a limited number of UI elements and not all clickable button-like things. Too bad.

So we are back to the original post: is there any chance that the PF2 ruleset might introduce consistent click behavior on clickable UI elements instead of mixing single- and double-click elements right beside each other?

This thread feels antagonistic - although with the amount of attention it's already gotten I figured I'd toss out a 'thanks' about the double click - we honestly have never really figured out when it double clicks or single clicks correctly - and lag will frequently get more clicks than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Yes, in v4.1.6, double clicking on buttons is disabled by default, unless enabled by the ruleset/extension code.
    The question still stands: will the PF2 ruleset use consistent behavior or mixed behavior in v4.1.6? Personally I would prefer single clicks on everything, but either way is an improvement as long as it isn't mixed.

Thread Information