FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    For Talents most are "pick any two"
    Some have recommended
    Some specify that one must be something particular

What would be the workflow that you see this producing?

Blog Entries
    Im not saying you are wrong or anything. I just dont see a uniform way to do this. if you are creating your characters via another source and then copying them into FG just drag and drop the relevant info in. Add the points where you want them, ignore the totals at the top of the page. Pregens in published adventures rarely add up to the same values as the rulebook says they should so enforcing more restrictions seems like it will hurt at least as much as it helps.

Blog Entries
    If you can think of workflows that cater to these Im all ears. I cant promise you that we will do them but we will entertain it at least.
    Building a character builder like 5E has is unlikely to happen. 5E is currently built and maintained by a full time developer. Call of Cthulhu cant justify that level of development.

Well I don't propose to limit the traits, I have a house rule for pulp level (from dholes house) that you can pick called max pulp, which doubles the HP, (a box for a hitpoint modifier and/or multiplier would be helpful). Currently HP max is calculated and unalterable. Doesn't have to be something characters can interact with, could just be part of the things only GMS can fiddle with like a box you check for double hp.
    As for the enactment of them, There are rolls you can do from the character sheet, such as rolling for the weapon hit and damage, some of the traits modify things like this. I would want to sit down with the talents and could come up with some specifics to consider. You can roll from the skill sheets as well in the same fashion as the weapons right?

Thank you for being willing to consider workflows, I will take some time and come up with some proposals other than what I have listed so far which you can consider. I don't want to create a straight jacket for players. The one mechanic I see that justifies changing the most in my mind is the extra column for skill points from archetype. it eliminates a need to explain why there are 100 points, where they can be spent, and eliminates my headache for keeping track (a log for additional skill points earned (when and why) would be fantastic by the way.) There is already a log in calendar so I would imagine the core of making logs exists, would it simply need a hook into the skills ?

Not sure where to put this exactly but its a pulp cthulhu oddity so.

With only
    Call of Cthulhu 7e Pulp Cthulhu
    and
    COC 7e PC Reference

Loaded I am faced with some weirdness in the skills list

There are some duplicates and one of each of the pairs of duplicates says Pulp Cthulhu next to it. the 7E Reference and book are not activated in modules.

Computer Use
    First Aid
    Hypnosis
    Medicine

Is this intentional or is there some error in either how its written or how my computer has handled the downloading of the file? The help files that pull up are different, sometimes drastically. Whats going on, and do I clear everything and redownload it or what do I do with the extras? Which belong which don't.

Quote Originally Posted by MNight75 View Post
    Not sure where to put this exactly but its a pulp cthulhu oddity so.

With only
    Call of Cthulhu 7e Pulp Cthulhu
    and
    COC 7e PC Reference

Loaded I am faced with some weirdness in the skills list

There are some duplicates and one of each of the pairs of duplicates says Pulp Cthulhu next to it. the 7E Reference and book are not activated in modules.

Computer Use
    First Aid
    Hypnosis
    Medicine

Is this intentional or is there some error in either how its written or how my computer has handled the downloading of the file? The help files that pull up are different, sometimes drastically. Whats going on, and do I clear everything and redownload it or what do I do with the extras? Which belong which don't.
    Also posted here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post665088

Please only post issues/questions in one place - it's more efficient all round and stops people wasting time.

Too late for this issue, but unless there is a thread with 100% exactly the same subject/issue it's best to start a new thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I was just helping my group build pulp characters and I think adding in another field for Archetype skills would be very helpful. As far as I can tell the 100 skill points have fixed skills per archetype. Even if skill points will change between sessions it is helpful for building initial characters to be sure they are added and for accounting for skill points over the course of play.

Thread Information