FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Some questions about the Pulp Cthulhu ruleset extension

Hey folks,

i am quite savvy with the regular 7th edition of CoC and want to dive deep into the Pulp world for my new campaign. However - there seem to be some issues (on my end?) with the ruleset and i hope someone can help me out here.

1) I have loaded the following modules: Investigators handbook, CoC 7e, CoC 7e Pulp Cthulhu, CoC7e PC Reference. Going to options, activate Pulp Cthulhu area. When i check the "Use Pulp Cthulhu Rules" i get the following console error:

handler error: [string "campaign/scripts/char.lua"]:214: attempt to index global 'maxhp' (a nil value)

2) Character creation: I have found a thread clarifying how to bring the talents onto the sheet, but what about the additional skills from archetypes? I can drag and drop the archetypes onto the sheet, but where should i put the skill point for the archetype? The char sheet doesn't show a column for that.

FGU is updated to the newest version.

Ideas?

Blog Entries
    I dont get the error.
    Is this a new campaign or existing campaign?
    Is there anything else you have done?

Its an accounting thing only.
    Add the extra points to Personal.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I dont get the error.
    Is this a new campaign or existing campaign?
    Is there anything else you have done?
    Brand new campaign. No extra extension or any other shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its an accounting thing only.
    Add the extra points to Personal.
    Thanks!

I tested a bit, deleted the campaign and created a new one. Same steps, but this time the is not console error message. Strange! Anyway - it runs now! Onward to creating the campaign properly.

I am having an issue with the Pulp Archetype not adding any of the Archetype benefits, doesn't add to the attribute, doesn't add the 100 extra skill points, doesn't do anything like Career does.

Blog Entries
    I dont believe that was ever coded. I believe it just adds the info/link to the character sheet.

I don't mean to be a complainer, and I get some of why things like items and vehicles aren't coded in, but given that the archetype is a CORE mechanic of PULP cthulhu, and given that it was a paid, not a free add on, I am left bewildered why the functions of Archetype are not coded in the same way Career is. If I have to manually add this stuff in, it defeats the purpose of using Fantasy Grounds, not to mention sowing chaos and discord among my players when I confusedly tell them their dhole created playersheets must be wrong cause I paid all this money for Fantasy Grounds stuff and the math that goes into it only to find out the most basic functions to core elements have not been coded in.

Given that some of these like adding additional attribute, I don't even see how to add, am I asking too much to ask that this oversight be corrected?

Blog Entries
    For the 100 points. Should they be added to Personal or to Occupation pool? Neither is really accurate. Or should we expand the sheet and add another field for Archetype points?
    After the initial build the points and where they came from are no longer relevant as skill totals start changing at the end of each session already.

Thread Information