DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question about AAW modules

I recently purchased a Savage Worlds module directly from the AAW website. I purchased the "VTT" version. I found that the main map grid is way off compared to the FG grid - I couldn't get them to align.

When these were "converted" for sale here on FG were the maps "fixed" so that things match up? I wouldn't mind buying it again, but only if it actually works correctly! I don't mind having to do manual LOS setup for Unity, but it wont work if I line up the grid on the left and the right side of the screen is off by a half square.

Thanks

Welcome to FG.

I'd report that as a bug. The grid should line up properly with the map. In fact there should already be a grid on the map all lined up. Make sure that you are looking at the players map (the one that the action takes place on) rather than the DM map which is only used by the DM to see secret doors, room numbers etc and isn't intended for playing on.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Its quite possible the map image itself was hand drawn and the grid is not actually consistently sized so no computer grid will fit perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by eqtwink View Post
    I recently purchased a Savage Worlds module directly from the AAW website. I purchased the "VTT" version. I found that the main map grid is way off compared to the FG grid - I couldn't get them to align.

When these were "converted" for sale here on FG were the maps "fixed" so that things match up? I wouldn't mind buying it again, but only if it actually works correctly! I don't mind having to do manual LOS setup for Unity, but it wont work if I line up the grid on the left and the right side of the screen is off by a half square.

Thanks
    What was the specific module you bought? I can track down the issue and see if it can be fixed for you.

Thanks for all the replies! It was AAW adventure C1 - Alagorn's Gem. The player's map is all fubar in terms of the grid drawn on the map versus the FGU grid. Note that this was the generic VTT version from the AAW website, NOT the version in the FG store. As I mentioned, I would be perfectly happy to buy the version from the FG site IF the grid actually works correctly. I just didn't want to throw good dollars after bad if the problem persisted. I was hoping that because there is a "conversion" credit that the module was corrected by the FG staff.sample grid.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by eqtwink View Post
    Thanks for all the replies! It was AAW adventure C1 - Alagorn's Gem. The player's map is all fubar in terms of the grid drawn on the map versus the FGU grid. Note that this was the generic VTT version from the AAW website, NOT the version in the FG store. As I mentioned, I would be perfectly happy to buy the version from the FG site IF the grid actually works correctly. I just didn't want to throw good dollars after bad if the problem persisted. I was hoping that because there is a "conversion" credit that the module was corrected by the FG staff.sample grid.PNG
    You're right. The grid is way off. I'll make sure that gets fixed. Thank you!

Pretty much impossible to fix. The image itself isn't perfectly square. So the gridlines from Fantasy Grounds tend to be off a bit. I recommend making the lines invisible and giving the players a bit of 'flex' room when moving.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

At the end of the day SWADE is not actually meant to be played on grids, it is designed to be a war game style with free movement and rulers used to measure distances.

What I do is drop grid opacity to '1' - needs to be on for stuff to work properly but at 1 it cannot be seen.

Switch off lock to grid.

I also do this for SWPF to be honest makes life much easier
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information