5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Strange issue with Linux

I thought I post about an issue I have seen for some time. It only happens in Linux and only when a file dialogue is call (any import button causes this as well). For example, if I open the export dialogue using /export and click the file dialogue button on the thumbnail line it causes FGU to crash to the desktop.

This will happen if any file dialogue button is clicked any where in the FGU system.

My work around has been to type in the path which works or go to windows 10 where the button works.

Clean build, 5e, Fedora 34(I know it is not a support distro but the path works and I did not think file dialogues are not that different plus it runs great otherwise). Campaign and screenshot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nephranka; August 24th, 2021 at 12:56.

I've asked a developer to take a look and verify whether it is working on Ubuntu.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I've asked a developer to take a look and verify whether it is working on Ubuntu.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Thanks!

Works fine on my Arch system. I used xfce desktop. Also worked on gnome and kde.

I use KDE/plasma on Fedora. Just very strange behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher2158 View Post
    I have exactly the same problem. Anyone got a suggestion? This is quiet a common issue
    With the export you can type in the path to the file so no need to use the button. The import is a much harder problem.

Not that this helps but I did notice that the folder button in the assets window opens a file dialogue with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    With the export you can type in the path to the file so no need to use the button. The import is a much harder problem.
    Thanks for replying. Unfortunately @Christopher2158 was a spammer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Edit: jump the gun. Disregard.
    Last edited by nephranka; September 14th, 2021 at 01:31.

Thread Information