DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: XML reference

That worked and was setup properly. If you place it in your modules folder with the steps described above, it should be able to be opened.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Ok, fumbling my way around here, finally figured out that the module's name in the activation window comes from the definition.xml, not the db.xml. I was ignoring my "placeholder" module name because I THOUGHT I had given my new one its own module name and I ignored the placeholder name. Sigh.
    Thanks for putting up with me Dominic. I think I've got my export/import working.
    Just curious, does the import button on the NPC tab have any documentation/implementation? I'd much rather be able to directly import my NPCs than go through the process of creating a module for each one.

No documentation. I would do an export of the NPC and see what the xml looks like. I believe it follows the same setup as a character sheet, but best to look and see.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

That's the real rub... I can't figure out how to export just an NPC. Only through a module...

Quote Originally Posted by drakir View Post
    That's the real rub... I can't figure out how to export just an NPC. Only through a module...
    open an NPC record that isn't from a module (must be local to campaign), right click it, click export

or use this one exported from the community bestiary 5 module, although not all fields are included as some where blank in fg (although the field names are the same as what you have now -- just the nesting is likely different)

Code:
    <root version="4.1" dataversion="20210708" release="1.1|3.5E:17.1|CoreRPG:4.1">
    	<npc>
    		actual npc info goes in here
    	</npc>
    </root>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; August 25th, 2021 at 20:34.

Thank you @bmos! That was exactly what I needed to know to get it working perfectly. Now I can generate the NPCs in my excel program, then transfer it into FGU. I'll spend a while tackling formatting to make sure I get this perfect, then maybe turn my eye toward doing the same thing for characters!

Thread Information