DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can you hot-switch between campaigns during creating an adventure?

QUESTION: I've tried searching the forums and I have missed finding if this question is out on the forums from a new to Fantasy Grounds developer: Is there a way for me to "Hot-Switch" between campaigns that I am developing without quitting and reloading Fantasy Grounds?
    I'm not sure if I have the terminology correct for Fantasy Grounds, but I'm basically trying to recreate an old Free RPG Day Quick-start Rules Giveaway packet into a self contained Fantasy Grounds "all-in-one" open-and-play campaign and ruleset for people to run to have their own Free RPG Day thing using Fantasy Grounds.

The Quick-Start Rules are a self-contained limited ruleset that includes preset characters, items, etc.. I'm doing this as a way for me to learn how to use the basic coreRPG and MoreCoreRPG default systems. I'm also experimenting with different rulesets that I'll be running and I want to switch between them as I work without having to quit and relaunch FG as I work.

My Goals: I am taking a whole Ruleset and system packet, as presented in a "Quick-Start" pamphlet, given away on Free RPG Day. It includes "How-To Play" rules along with an complete adventure campaign and modules (what I think of as an RPG Module from my old days of DMng...like "Castle Amber" in the Slaver's Campaign); a Campaign consists of linked adventure modules/scenes/scenarios that give a complete story arc when played together. Today we buy a book that has all of the linked adventure modules as in 'Rise of Tiamat' for Dungeons and Dragons 5e. The Quick-Start packet has all the needed items to play contained in it.

So far, what I'm doing has been great to help me out on how everything works together so that i can start designing and sharing things as I comeback to DMng/GMng.

Thank you for any help and my apologies if this is asked somewhere already.
    Last edited by Gonks; August 23rd, 2021 at 23:21.
    Live; Laugh; Love; Play.

--Gonks

There are three options for resetting the code/campaign: Close application and restart; Right click on desktop during session and select Return to Launcher; OR use /reload command to reload the same campaign again (most useful for ruleset/extension development).

I also want to provide caution that even if material is offered for free online; it does not mean that it grants rights to redistribute the material in any format. So, most likely you will not be able to share your work, unless you get permission from all authors and artists involved.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Note that you can run more than one instance of FG at the same time. Just make sure you do not have both instances hosting the same campaign at the same time or you will have data loss (been there, done that).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you! Just the what I was after.

Also, thank you Moon Wizard for the gentle reminder on the IP (Intellectual Property) protection/rights protection nudge as well. I do tend to be very aware of I.P. stuff as a creator as well. IF, and it's a big one, anything were to come of my messing around with this stuff (Say that I wanted to give this all away in the spirit of the Free RPG day stuff), I'd be in contact with the Rights Holder.

My only goal in doing this limited focus development thing is so I can learn Fantasy Grounds, Creating things and art for it, and running it for my friends and I. I'm using Fantasy Grounds for a very small ruleset creation experiment and then running it as a homebrew thing. Playing around with this is helping me get far more acquainted with a bunch of software suites I have and have been wanting to see in action along with Fantasy Grounds.

It's hard with my disabilities (my memory and cognitive issues being the main ones frustrating me as I do this), but it has been very good for me. I will have more questions as I go forward like using a theme that says it's part of the Art Subscription, but I haven't figured that out yet.
    Last edited by Gonks; September 2nd, 2021 at 22:59. Reason: Meandering edits
    Live; Laugh; Love; Play.

--Gonks

Thread Information