DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Crawl! No. 6 Classic Classes Module

Hey everyone,

I was given permission by the author of Crawl! to post a module I made with the extra classes from issue No 6 (and No 10, when I get around to it). Attached is the module which includes the Bard, Gnome, Paladin, and Ranger classes.

In the "Story" entries are the credits/attributions from the zine, as well as some implementation notes (as not everything was 100% supported by the classes in FG.) Overall, I think it works pretty well, but would appreciate anyone else who can test for me, and if there are bugs I'll try to fix them!

I hope to get around to converting the classes in No 10 to a module as well!

Update 8/22: Adding note in Gnome description and Magic feature about spell list.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by seansps; August 22nd, 2021 at 19:14. Reason: Update- Adding Gnome Spell list note, previously forgot to add this sidebar.

Hello seansps. I loaded up your mod here and so far the bard, gnome, and the paladin all give a "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "DCC RPG:scripts/manager_char.lua"]:447: attempt to index a nil value"

Suspiciously, it all seems to happen when building the Magic feature. Any ideas? I realize it has been over 2 years since you posted this .mod, but I am hoping you found a fix for your own game and just never updated it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fistan77 View Post
    Hello seansps. I loaded up your mod here and so far the bard, gnome, and the paladin all give a "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "DCC RPG:scripts/manager_char.lua"]:447: attempt to index a nil value"

Suspiciously, it all seems to happen when building the Magic feature. Any ideas? I realize it has been over 2 years since you posted this .mod, but I am hoping you found a fix for your own game and just never updated it.

Thanks!
    Hi there! It’s been a while since I tested it with the latest DCC changes, but I can fire it up later and see if that’s something I can fix. I didn’t add automation or spell actions for the abilities by default (as that requires an extension) though, so I wonder if something is trying to parse the abilities differently now.

Very strange though but thanks for letting me know!

Blog Entries
    I can look at it too, since I have access to the ruleset code.

Cool, thanks folks!

Blog Entries
    I played around with the Bard and Paladin classes, and I couldn't trigger any errors. The module code looks correct to me as well. Are you running any extensions by chance? If so, disable those and see if you get the error again.

I tried opening the feature named Magic on the Abilities tab, modifying the base spell check on the Actions tab, and dropping spells to the Actions tab. Let me know if there is something else specifically that is triggering the error.

I did add a new thumbnail to the module
    Attached Files Attached Files

So I made copies of all the classes and added the "If" statements to the magic feats. I no longer get errors anymore. I will need to add in my extensions one at a time to figure out which one modified the parse.

Thread Information