STAR TREK 2d20

Unskilled Skill Problem

Hi,

One of my players has drag and dropped his unskilled skill on his character sheet, and it has gone from -3 to -2, how can this be reset as I don't seem to be able to interact with this skill otherwise?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    Hi,

One of my players has drag and dropped his unskilled skill on his character sheet, and it has gone from -3 to -2, how can this be reset as I don't seem to be able to interact with this skill otherwise?

Thanks.
    The only way is to edit the campaign.xml. There is no unskilled skill, is it custom made? Either way I'll make sure that skill can't be edited that way in the future.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    The only way is to edit the campaign.xml. There is no unskilled skill, is it custom made? Either way I'll make sure that skill can't be edited that way in the future.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Oh I misread you. Are you saying there is no Unskilled skill? In that case I've no idea where it came from!

I can recreate this bug by dragging the TAS symbol next to the 'Unskilled' on the character sheet and dropping it onto the same character sheet. Doing so adds one level to the 'Unskilled' skill, just like any other skill.
    An easy work around I've found is to use the Ctrl+MouseScroll shortcut on the Level field of the Unskilled skill, which allows you to modify its value.

Hi dosfox,

Unskilled doesn't seem to allow the level to be adjusted, that's the problem.

I'm sorry, I misspoke in my previous comment. The workaround I was suggesting was to use Ctrl + MouseScroll on the MOD field, not the level field, of the Unskilled Skill. This doesn't fix the underlying problem, but it does allow you to compensate for the issue during play without having to stop and restart the campaign. As MadBeardMan said, the only way truly correct this issue is to edit the campaign.xml.

Quote Originally Posted by dosfox View Post
    I'm sorry, I misspoke in my previous comment. The workaround I was suggesting was to use Ctrl + MouseScroll on the MOD field, not the level field, of the Unskilled Skill. This doesn't fix the underlying problem, but it does allow you to compensate for the issue during play without having to stop and restart the campaign. As MadBeardMan said, the only way truly correct this issue is to edit the campaign.xml.
    Thanks dosfox, yeah I will have the player either adjust the mod field, or if they prefer, just to set up a proxy Unskilled Skill - they don't have JoAT, so that should suffice until there's a fix.

One word of caution, because I ran into this myself:
    Do NOT name the new skill 'Unskilled Skill'. If you do, you won't be able to edit, rename or delete it, and you'll have two Unskilled Skills on your sheet. I learned that the hard way.

Luckily I called it 'Unskilled Skill Fix'!

Thread Information