STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    MrKinister- It is looking like we will be running this group on Sunday mornings starting at 9am pst. Does that look like it would work for you? Not having access to a ton of systems is not a problem. As a group we will do our very best to make sure that everyone has what they need to participate. As far as being new to FG that is absolutely fine. I want to run games on this VTT as our first choice but as I mentioned we may have to utilize other services from time to time as no VTT offers universal support. We are not "packed" yet so if you are still interested after reading my response please let me know and I will pm you a Discord invite.

Vegaserik-

I hope my reply wasn't perceived as flippant. I agree that I probably misconstrued what you were suggesting. I would love to hear more about how this works. Maybe it would end up falling in line with the groups goals. I am totally open to new perspectives/thoughts on how we are pursuing this.

Unfortunately I work on Sundays, from 6 am to 2 pm. I only had Saturdays available.

Well, everything else looks ok, but for the day. If you find yourself in a different schedule, let me know.

Thanks. =)
    - The measure of a good GM is how well he can tell an entertaining story, not how hard he can beat his players into submission.

MrKinister - I am not opposed to being a member of multiple groups functioning in a similar fashion. I see now, maybe, a but of what vegaserik was suggesting. It may be smart to add all interested parties to the same Discord channel and separating them by group/day/time. We could all exchange ideas about how this can work and answer each others questions which will undoubtedly arise. I will post this at the top under the original post as Update #4.

Hmm... certainly possible to do the exploration. Yes, we can talk it out, and put it on the table. Sure, an Discord invite would be just fine.

Let's see what happens. =)
    - The measure of a good GM is how well he can tell an entertaining story, not how hard he can beat his players into submission.

I am going to run the first outing for the Saturday group: Crypt of the Sun Lord, using SWADE (fantasy). We'll play this adventure and subsequent ones in the same setting to get a good feel for the system for a month or two, then move on to another system and rotate the GM'ing chores. George is running stuff for the Sunday group. We'll see how it goes!

First session will be 11th September at 5 pm UK time (BST, UTC+1) which is 9 am Pacific and Noon on the East Coast I believe.

If you are interested in playing AND running games please drop me a message. We could do with another couple of people in the Saturday group to make sure it is viable.

Cheers, Hywel

Just had a fantastic session run by Hywel today for the first Saturday group. We ran a fantasy version of the SWADE system and even though my son kept me awake all night (he's teething, it sucks) I was wide awake and invested throughout the whole game! Any way, just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know we are still taking players for the Saturday Group that has already formed. We haven't agreed on the system or setting yet though we may very well continue SWADE for a bit. Please let us know if anyone is interested. To answer some of the other inquiries we received Sunday group is full at the moment but we may have a seat opening so please keep in touch. Also, if enough players were really interested we can form a second group for that slot. Have fun!

Intersted in Joining

Hi just found this tread.It sounds like something I would be interested in joining. A little about me. I've been playing RpG games since the late 70s and have a wide variety of exerience in many different systems. I have both Gm'd and played systems.. Mymost favorite system is Rolemaster but am open to many others. I would be intersted in playing in the saturday or/and sunday groups as that works best for me. I am USA EST time zone. Please let me know what I need to do to join one or oth of your gaming groups.
    Dranthor

I spent a decade playing rolemaster. Gotta love the crunch of those critical tables.

Absolutely I love rolemaster ould love to get a game started in that system.

Thread Information