STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailz Silver Paws View Post
    I shall do.

I used Google Chrome on the iPad Pro, drawing the file from DropBox.
    You might try a different device all together.

On iOS/iPadOS the browsers all use the same engine (Webkit) despite the differences in skins. So even if you use Chrome on iOS/iPadOS, you are still using Safari under the hood.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. We are able to reproduce it and I've forwarded it to a dev to investigate further.

What is your upload speed?

I was able to work with Doug to upload the files via Chrome on Windows in a couple seconds for each file; but I'm running on an AT&T Fiber connection.

As @smelton asked, what's your upload speed? Can you run a speed test from the machine where you are uploading?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    You might try a different device all together.

On iOS/iPadOS the browsers all use the same engine (Webkit) despite the differences in skins. So even if you use Chrome on iOS/iPadOS, you are still using Safari under the hood.
    I tested on my PC first, I just tried it on my iPad to see if being on a different network (mobile) connection changed the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Thanks. We are able to reproduce it and I've forwarded it to a dev to investigate further.
    Thank you for jumping on this Doug, greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I was able to work with Doug to upload the files via Chrome on Windows in a couple seconds for each file; but I'm running on an AT&T Fiber connection.

As @smelton asked, what's your upload speed? Can you run a speed test from the machine where you are uploading?

Thanks,
    JPG
    I just replied to Doug's email but I'll share it here as well. Using Googles speed test I got the following results:
    • 24.9 Mbps download
    • 4.33 Mbps upload
    • Latency: 29 ms
    • Server: Sydney

While using the same system Doug used, I produced the following results: Speedtest.net Results.
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Please run the test again to a server based in the US since that would provide a better idea of what your upload speed to the Forge server looks like. Also are you using a VPN?

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Please run the test again to a server based in the US since that would provide a better idea of what your upload speed to the Forge server looks like. Also are you using a VPN?
    The upload speed even for a server in the US will remain about the same, the choke point is not the mainline international communication, but here locally. At least that is my assumption. But testing to a New York destination I get the same speeds, the only change is the obvious ping time.

I am not using a VPN.

We just have crappy internet here in the land of Oz.

Blog Entries
    I have a suspect configuration issue with dropzone and a default configuration of 30 seconds for a time out. I believe the 30000 seconds error message is a typo within dropzone and it is actually 30 seconds. If your upload speed and the size of file takes longer than this, it creates the error you are seeing. The team is looking into that issue and will look at pushing a new update next week that we can retest with.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I have a suspect configuration issue with dropzone and a default configuration of 30 seconds for a time out. I believe the 30000 seconds error message is a typo within dropzone and it is actually 30 seconds. If your upload speed and the size of file takes longer than this, it creates the error you are seeing. The team is looking into that issue and will look at pushing a new update next week that we can retest with.
    I'm looking at ways I can get onto a faster internet connection, as my slow upload speed seems to be a good part of the problem.

Blog Entries
    Can you try it again now to see if you still have the issue? We pushed a new build yesterday that I believe has the timeout value changed.

Thread Information