DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

CoreRPG - SkipTurn

SkipTurn is deprecated, as its functionality is now included in CoreRPG.

Add the effect SKIPTURN (case-insensitive) to any character (PC or NPC) to automatically skip that character’s turn when advancing the combat tracker.

Useful for NPCs that aren’t involved in the current encounter, but you want to continue to track their location, damage, or effects. Also handy for traps or other obstacles that you add to the combat tracker, but that don’t need dedicated turns.

Toggle the option “SkipTurn: Skip dead NPCs” to automatically skip dead or dying NPCs (disabled for D&D 2E, as this functionality is already included).

This extension should work with any CoreRPG based ruleset, except for Savage Worlds.
    Last edited by Dire Weasel; March 3rd, 2022 at 22:21. Reason: Added Skip dead NPCs.

Great, we often leave defeated enemies on the map to mark the space as difficult terrain. This should help me not having to skip them manually all the time. Thanks!

Would be neat if it could automatically skip dead NPCs.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; August 19th, 2021 at 01:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Would be neat if it could automatically skip dead NPCs.
    Agreed, although that's tricky given that it's a CoreRPG extension. Most rulesets have their own opinion about what "dead" means.

The extension handles it for D&D 2E, as that ruleset implemented this functionality in CombatManagerADND.nextActor().

The Wounds Overlay extension uses CT status == "DEAD" for determining if a token is dead.

It would be nice to have a combat tracker button, but I recognize that this could be problematic with different rulesets modifying the CT.

Great addition, its always great to see simple solutions to improve quality of life. Thanks for sharing
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

The Wounds Overlay extension uses CT status == "DEAD" for determining if a token is dead.
    That might be reasonable, but for example PF2 adds STATUS_DESTROYED for constructs and undead.

I provided SkipTurn.shouldSkipActor(), so perhaps it might be best to hook that for different rulesets. Let me think about it.

It would be nice to have a combat tracker button, but I recognize that this could be problematic with different rulesets modifying the CT.
    Agreed, but yeah, it would be tricky to handle all the different rulesets. I thought I'd see how it was received, and then iterate if needed.

Good to know. I will try to add that to Wound Overlay right away. Thanks for the information.

Love this EXT, simple yet super effective.

Thread Information