STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 30 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Is there a design reason as to why we no longer get story entries of the adventures? There's no story entries in "Hollow's Last Hope" nor in "Rise of the Runelords".
    EDIT: The same is the case for Deadlands so I thought it might be a design decision...

Yeah, you have to keep the reference manual opened the entire time. I prefer everything be in story entries myself. That way I can easily edit things. Like I have a bunch of ROTRL maps made by David Hemingway. I’d like to add a link to those maps for each encounter but can’t do that with the reference manual…..

I am happy there are encounters setup for everything.

Basically because it means every module takes twice as long to do as you have duplicate everything. I followed the lead from Ikael (Crytsal hearts for example) and also how I run modules when I use them.

Every map location is a story entry, linked on the maps and the reference manual.

Every encounter is provided, every NPC, gear parcels and treasure parcels are all included.

The module should not be marked read only so all encounters/map locations/NPCs/parcels/LOS data can be edited as needed.

Basically trying to find a balance between usability and not slowing down even further the production of the Rune lords modules.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Basically because it means every module takes twice as long to do as you have duplicate everything. I followed the lead from Ikael (Crytsal hearts for example) and also how I run modules when I use them.

Every map location is a story entry, linked on the maps and the reference manual.

Every encounter is provided, every NPC, gear parcels and treasure parcels are all included.

The module should not be marked read only so all encounters/map locations/NPCs/parcels/LOS data can be edited as needed.

Basically trying to find a balance between usability and not slowing down even further the production of the Rune lords modules.
    Thank you for the answer Kevin, I'm fine with it as is, I just wanted to know the reasoning behind it as I've been spoiled using the story entries and changing stuff directly in these, it's not a big deal copying this data from the Reference Manual so I'll do this if needed. Thanks!

Also when people find typographical errors I have to check in twice as many places as well, then you add in some of the older modules that are SWADE/SWD then I am sometimes looking in four locations!

Not expecting any sympathy but I have too many modules these days I need to search and fix when people find "Bugs"

But do not stop keep up the good work.

I am currently waiting on the official benny graphics for the ruleset, will be adding them in soon.

Playtesting of RORTL1 is on-going you can see the stream and I am finding numerous tweaks that am I adding to the module.

Archetypes 1 is in QA (I think this will be bundled in with Core Rules for Kickstarters but do not quote me on that)

ROTRL 2 I have sent to QA

ROTL 3 is "finished" but not ready for QA yet.

ROTL 4 - I am on page 46 (of 78)

ROTL 5 - Not started

ROTL 6 - Not started

Archetypes 2 - started (wanted some of them for another game), but paused to get Archetypes 1 out the door.

Companion - Not started
    Last edited by Doswelk; September 1st, 2021 at 09:54.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Understood. The reference manuals look great and I'll get used to not using the story entries.

I think I'm getting old and I just fuss when things change. Lol

Thanks for your efforts Doswelk!

Stumbled across an error in the items -
    Flail is tagged with "Two Hands", but heavy flail is not. In the SWPF PDF it's heavy flail that requires two hands.

Really good work and so much of it! I wish you could clone yourself, since I keep hoping you will make it back to updating Rippers.

Is there a possibility of you sneaking a higher res world map out of paizo/pinnacle? It get pretty pixelated when even zoomed in not all that far.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    Really good work and so much of it! I wish you could clone yourself, since I keep hoping you will make it back to updating Rippers.

Is there a possibility of you sneaking a higher res world map out of paizo/pinnacle? It get pretty pixelated when even zoomed in not all that far.

Thanks!
    Yes - I have replaced the map with a half-size version of the poster map in the Core Rules Module.

I have created a new module that has the full-size version (15MB) of the World map for those that want even more detail.
    Last edited by Doswelk; September 4th, 2021 at 07:26.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Yes - I have replaced the map with a half-size version of the poster map in the Core Rules Module.

I have created a new module that has the full-size version (15MB) of the World map for those that want even more detail.
    Splendid! How do I access this module?

Thread Information