DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 30 First 1234513 ... Last
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Hopefully, it shows up in the future.

Was a backer on Pledgemanager and also purchased the FG add on, but can't find the rule set to access it. Please help.

Note: I purchase FG through the FG website not Steam
    Last edited by OwlLover; August 20th, 2021 at 00:09.

I'm creating a druid and I'm confused with the powers tab. How do I add Arcane Background (Druid) to the Powers tab?

Quote Originally Posted by goodmanje View Post
    I'm creating a druid and I'm confused with the powers tab. How do I add Arcane Background (Druid) to the Powers tab?
    Click on the Arcane Background button on the Powers Window, drag the arcane background to the sheet
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by OwlLover View Post
    Was a backer on Pledgemanager and also purchased the FG add on, but can't find the rule set to access it. Please help.

Note: I purchase FG through the FG website not Steam
    Welcome to the FG forums.

As noted in post #1, the product needs to be in the store first before codes/redemptions can be issued.

Keep an eye on the Kickstarter comments: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...orlds/comments
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

A few typos and other small problems

Hi,

First off, I'd like to thank @Savage_Doswelk and @Ikael for awesome work on the SWPF ruleset and modules. So far, I am very much liking what I see. So please don't take any of the following as criticism, just things I noticed while covering a campaign from my home-brew hack module to the official ruleset and modules:

• When you create a campaign, the "Conviction" and "Damage Cap" setting rules are off by default. But they're standard in SWPF.
    • A couple of the Item records have the name misspelt: "Ring of Protecion" and "Travelrs Outfit" were the ones I noticed; makes searching harder
    • The item groups for Armor look very strange when you use the groups dropdown in the item view. "Medium" is a bit confusing, maybe rename it to "Medium Armor"
    • Sleep arrows appear to have a category all to themselves, and again "Magic" isn't very informative. Maybe "Magic Ranged Weapon Ammunition"?
    • At least one item has the weight wrong: "Fishhook" has a listed weight of 3, should be 0
    • All the tables for random available magic items are of the form "Magic Items: Available X" except for "Available Rings"
    • Shouldn't the "Accurate" weapon enchantment have a description of "[>Attack +1]"?
    • More generally, shouldn't all the weapon enchantments have a ">" in the effects string, so that they only apply when using that particular weapon?

Finally, a feature request:

• It would be really helpful if there were default item entries for potions, scrolls and wands - at least the ones mentioned in the tables of available items. I'll even volunteer to create those lists for you (although I'd need to learn the SWEL markdown to do it, I'd assume).

Hope that list is useful! Saturday is the next session of the campaign, and we'll be using the official ruleset, so I'll add another post then (if needed) for any problems we encounter when actually playing the game.
    --
    Malc
    Last edited by malc; August 20th, 2021 at 11:11. Reason: Overlooked default options

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Click on the Arcane Background button on the Powers Window, drag the arcane background to the sheet
    Thanks, worked like a charm. Another question... Is there a way to change the attribute that is linked to a skill? For example, with druids the Survival skill is linked to Spirit instead of Smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by malc View Post
    When you create a campaign, the "Conviction" and "Damage Cap" setting rules are off by default. But they're standard in SWPF.
    Checking if that can be done, I didn't do the coding just the module

A couple of the Item records have the name misspelt: "Ring of Protecion" and "Travelrs Outfit" were the ones I noticed; makes searching harder
    My spellcheck-fu is bad :s

The item groups for Armor look very strange when you use the groups dropdown in the item view. "Medium" is a bit confusing, maybe rename it to "Medium Armor"
    They are named as they are in the book, I see what you mean but I think we use those names for armour interference so changing them may break stuff.

Sleep arrows appear to have a category all to themselves, and again "Magic" isn't very informative. Maybe "Magic Ranged Weapon Ammunition"?
    They should have been Magic Ammo, the catname was set but not the group - fixed.

At least one item has the weight wrong: "Fishhook" has a listed weight of 3, should be 0
    At least the holy water isn't still 10k as it was in one printing, I'll fix it.

All the tables for random available magic items are of the form "Magic Items: Available X" except for "Available Rings"
    Actually that change has broken other items table from auto-rolling will have to take another look at those tables names

Shouldn't the "Accurate" weapon enchantment have a description of "[>Attack +1]"?
    YES! Wish I thought of that.

More generally, shouldn't all the weapon enchantments have a ">" in the effects string, so that they only apply when using that particular weapon?
    Yes, I must have missed them.

Finally, a feature request:

• It would be really helpful if there were default item entries for potions, scrolls and wands - at least the ones mentioned in the tables of available items. I'll even volunteer to create those lists for you (although I'd need to learn the SWEL markdown to do it, I'd assume).
    feel free to send me a campaign db.xml with them in and I can drag and drop to create the SWEL, it was on my to-do list but must have fallen off.
    Last edited by Doswelk; August 20th, 2021 at 12:57.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by goodmanje View Post
    Thanks, worked like a charm. Another question... Is there a way to change the attribute that is linked to a skill? For example, with druids the Survival skill is linked to Spirit instead of Smarts.
    The only way to do it is to create a new skill called Survival and link it to Spirit, then you have to decide how to tell the difference between the two skills.

What effect does it have being the wrong skill? - I need to ask these things to get excuses to Ikael to write code to change things

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

For your information,

New in SWPF 1.0.1
    [Updated] Conviction and Damage Cap setting rules are enabled by default
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information