DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 30 First 123412 ... Last
    But now for the BIG questions

* When will we get the Bestiary?
    * When will we get the Runelords Campaign?
    * When will we get the Companion?
    * When will we get the #insert module here#?

Come on Kevin, give it to us NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Springroll View Post
    But now for the BIG questions

Come on Kevin, give it to us NOW!
    It's in QA

Book 1 in QA
    Book 2 - bug fixing
    Book 3 "complete"
    Book 4 at chapter 3
    Book 5 ?
    Book 6 ?

Not started yet

Hollow's Last Hope - in QA
    Guide to Varista - in QA
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    It's in QA

Book 1 in QA
    Book 2 - bug fixing
    Book 3 "complete"
    Book 4 at chapter 3
    Book 5 ?
    Book 6 ?

Not started yet

Hollow's Last Hope - in QA
    Guide to Varista - in QA
    Excellent! So excited for this! Even if I went all in on the Kickstarter...

Book 1 in QA
    A big question for Runelords since it's an entirely new type of product for SWADE. Will there be pins in the map images that link to the reference material and/or encounters similar to what is found in D&D5e and Pathfinder modules? This is a very helpful feature of these products.

I've been running RotRL in my own SWPF (waiting for the official one) using the PF version of RotRL anniversary. The RotRL stuff can be unlocked and I can replace the text. Normally I wouldn't care (and for SWADE I'd actually want it locked since you guys actually update product and me making changes would thwart that). But in this case what I've been doing is using all their maps w/ pins, replacing the PF text with the SWPF text from my PDF, creating new encounters and parcels and including those in the same reference pin. It's a huge help when I'm running a game from my laptop and only have one screen. (And having the encounters and parcels already existing like in D&D5e and PF modules is also a huge help.)

I ask because my feedback is that I had hoped to see similar stuff in the new Deadlands Weird West adventure modules, but I have had to add the pins, parcels, npc tokens, and encounters myself.

It would be a huge plus to even only have the NPC images pre-set on the NPC records for the ones already in the module.

I appreciate that it's a lot of work to put together these modules (I've created my own version of SWADE RotRL1 and half of the Kingmaker AP), but when I have to copy or unlock every record to add the images that are already included, create parcels for the treasure that's listed on the NPCs or room description, and create the encounters -- well, that's pretty much the part that takes time creating the FG module in the first place when I already have the PDF.

Quote Originally Posted by fubeca150 View Post
    A big question for Runelords since it's an entirely new type of product for SWADE. Will there be pins in the map images that link to the reference material and/or encounters similar to what is found in D&D5e and Pathfinder modules? This is a very helpful feature of these products.

I've been running RotRL in my own SWPF (waiting for the official one) using the PF version of RotRL anniversary. The RotRL stuff can be unlocked and I can replace the text. Normally I wouldn't care (and for SWADE I'd actually want it locked since you guys actually update product and me making changes would thwart that). But in this case what I've been doing is using all their maps w/ pins, replacing the PF text with the SWPF text from my PDF, creating new encounters and parcels and including those in the same reference pin. It's a huge help when I'm running a game from my laptop and only have one screen. (And having the encounters and parcels already existing like in D&D5e and PF modules is also a huge help.)

I ask because my feedback is that I had hoped to see similar stuff in the new Deadlands Weird West adventure modules, but I have had to add the pins, parcels, npc tokens, and encounters myself.

It would be a huge plus to even only have the NPC images pre-set on the NPC records for the ones already in the module.

I appreciate that it's a lot of work to put together these modules (I've created my own version of SWADE RotRL1 and half of the Kingmaker AP), but when I have to copy or unlock every record to add the images that are already included, create parcels for the treasure that's listed on the NPCs or room description, and create the encounters -- well, that's pretty much the part that takes time creating the FG module in the first place when I already have the PDF.
    If you were watching my Rise of the Runelords play-test streams you would know the answer to that :P

YES

That is why they are taking so long... e.g.

Encounter with 5 goblins, 1 goblin warchanter and 1 goblin commando

1) The GM map will have a pin for the encounter - story entry
    2) The player map will have a pin for the encounter - story entry
    3) The story entry will have the text and a linked to the encounter (npcs locations on map)
    4) The warchanter and the goblin commando (will most likely have links on their NPC sheets to a gear parcel for their gear)
    5) The story entry will have a Treasure parcel for any treasure.

Now repeat for every other encounter in the book

The only exception to the above is when an encounter has for example 4+(1 per PC) enemies, in that case there are TWO encounters one for the 4 NPCs on the map and a second random encounter to generate the extra NPCs that you will need to place on the map.

Basically this is a Pathfinder module with Savage Worlds NPCs and rules.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

If you were watching my Rise of the Runelords play-test streams you would know the answer to that :P
    Consider me suitably chastened. I have a difficult time watching video and almost never even watch movies or TV shows because of it. To be honest, I have watched more of your streams (just not the recent PF ones) than movies or TV in the last year, or any other streams aside from Reaper painting streams... so there's that. I will have to go and watch your RotRL streams.

Thank you for your hard work. I will do my small part by buying it all as it is released. As I mentioned, I am very aware of the effort involved in the encounters, pins, and parcels, and that is the biggest thing that makes it worth purchasing (again). Not that I wouldn't be buying it *anyway* if it didn't have it because I'm a compulsive purchaser when it comes to RotRL, but I'm very happy to hear that it will have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Now, how do I make the Adventure Cards work with SWPF?
    SWPF support was added to Adventure Deck today and will be available soonish in live. However it uses SWADE adventure cards, since I do not have SWPF adventure deck if there is even one.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Springroll View Post
    Is there a particular reason that SWADE Pathfinder loads in as a separate Rule Set? Will it be possible to read in other FG/FGU Modules?
    See here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/108/view
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Is the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Quick Chase Deck functionality included in this, or available as a purchasable add-on? Forgive me if the information is posted somewhere, I was unable to find it.

No it is not included and No it not a purchasable add on at this time.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thread Information