FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 21 of 30 First ... 111920212223 ... Last
    Hi

I did not see this anywhere but one of the Taiga Giants special abilities is broken up in the bestiary. The last part of the Spirit summoning ability is broken out and in separate entry above starting with benefits.

Is there a timeline or estimated date for the Advanced Player's Guide for Savage Worlds? I'm trying to decide if I need to manually input the edges, powers, etc. from the PDF or wait for the FG module to purchase. Thanks!

Once they release it, I will start the adaption.

I am currently finishing the Fantasy Companion and updates.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Warhammer is missing the Raise Damage value.

I noticed that the combination of Trait assignment and modification does not work. For example, I have two effects:

[Strength = 4d]
    [Strength +1d]

The first one sets the character's Strength to d10. This works fine, but the second effect is ignored. My expectation would be that the resulting Strength is d12. This behavior might not be a bug and may be intentional. So a bit of background information:

I want to create effects that represent shape change forms that our druid can take. For example, for "Shape Change, Bear" I want to use [Strength = 4d, ...] to set the character's Strength to d10. But at the same time other spells like Boost Trait should still work. As a workaround I use [Strength +3d] which works, but it is not ideal since I have to adjust all shape change effects when the druid increases her Strength die via Advance. So is there any way to make this work?

if someone casts Boost Trait Strength on the shape changed druid you just change [Strength = 4d] to [Strength = 5d].
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thanks for your response! That seems also awkward but could be a potential workaround. Can you tell me if this is a bug or intentional? In either case, I'd prefer an option where it is relatively easy to create some sort of shape change effect. The coolest solution would of course be to just reference a bestiary entry

Hi,

I have an issue with the encumbrance settings: even with "Auto-apply: Encumbrance" set to off, the Pace is decreased when a character is encumbered. Furthermore, when an armour piece is equipped, it adds a further -2 decrease as "Armor Encumbrance". Theoretically I could add a bonus to the character's pace to overcome this, but I would have to adjust that every time they change their equipped items, and considering the default approach to Encumbrance in SWADE is "don't worry about it, unless the GM decides it should be important to track" I think this should be fixed.

Test: create a character with d4 strength and add a Chain Mail to their inventory, then check pace while the item is carried or equipped, in any encumbrance setting.

Expected behaviour (at least, that's what I would expect based on SWADE and the option):
    - When Encumbrance set to Off: encumbrance does not affect Pace at all
    - When Encumbrance set to Inventory: encumbrance give penalty to Pace based on total weight of carried items, not counting the weight of equipped armour pieces
    - When Encumbrance set to Armor: encumbrance give encumbrance penalty to Pace based on total weight of equipped armour
    - When Encumbrance set to All: encumbrance give encumbrance penalty to Pace based on total weight of carried and equipped items
    - Armour Encumbrance should only give the explicit pace penalty of certain equipped armour pieces (i.e. Bombproof Vest should give -2 and not -4)

(Sorry if this has been already discussed, my initial searches came up empty.)
    Last edited by edem; January 27th, 2023 at 08:48.
    Natural 20 - that's how I roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Shran View Post
    Thanks for your response! That seems also awkward but could be a potential workaround. Can you tell me if this is a bug or intentional? In either case, I'd prefer an option where it is relatively easy to create some sort of shape change effect. The coolest solution would of course be to just reference a bestiary entry
    It is intentional. There are too many variables to automate so an effects system is there to handle them.

Quote Originally Posted by edem View Post
    Hi,

I have an issue with the encumbrance settings: even with "Auto-apply: Encumbrance" set to off, the Pace is decreased when a character is encumbered. Furthermore, when an armour piece is equipped, it adds a further -2 decrease as "Armor Encumbrance". Theoretically I could add a bonus to the character's pace to overcome this, but I would have to adjust that every time they change their equipped items, and considering the default approach to Encumbrance in SWADE is "don't worry about it, unless the GM decides it should be important to track" I think this should be fixed.

Test: create a character with d4 strength and add a Chain Mail to their inventory, then check pace while the item is carried or equipped, in any encumbrance setting.

Expected behaviour (at least, that's what I would expect based on SWADE and the option):
    - When Encumbrance set to Off: encumbrance does not affect Pace at all
    - When Encumbrance set to Inventory: encumbrance give penalty to Pace based on total weight of carried items, not counting the weight of equipped armour pieces
    - When Encumbrance set to Armor: encumbrance give encumbrance penalty to Pace based on total weight of equipped armour
    - When Encumbrance set to All: encumbrance give encumbrance penalty to Pace based on total weight of carried and equipped items
    - Armour Encumbrance should only give the explicit pace penalty of certain equipped armour pieces (i.e. Bombproof Vest should give -2 and not -4)

(Sorry if this has been already discussed, my initial searches came up empty.)
    I'm away from my PC so cant check this. Maybe a bug for Ikael and Moon Wizard to look into.

Thread Information