Starfinder Playlist

Map Grid Lines are not displayed correctly.

SFRPG ruleset (v2021-08-10) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2004-2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    Core RPG ruleset (v2021-07-06) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    FG [TEST] 4.1.5

No Extensions loaded

I drug a background image from the sci-fi art park and dropped it into the Images window to create a new image.
    I clicked the grid icon and made the grid visible.
    When the map grid lines appeared some lines are not visible depending on how the map is zoomed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

This can happen when zoomed out very far on the grid. Basically, the zoom ratio creates a situation where the grid lines are smaller than a pixel, so they start to drop out. This is expected at this point. The only possible solution would be to remove grid drawing completely at very low zoom levels.

Regards,
    JPG

Does the grid use bilinear resampling? Would other interpolation methods improve results away from this rather typical pattern? And would those be feasible within CPU restrictions?

I tried around a bit and it seems that even a fast resampling filter could improve this in a meaningful way.

This is IrfanView's "resize fast" without resampling filter at 10% of original resolution, quite similar to FGU:

This is IrfanView's "fast resampling" filter at the same 10% of original resolution:

Filters help.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; August 21st, 2021 at 00:45.

Thread Information