DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    We are at the 3 months mark after HotOE has been submited to Smithworks and one month for MadBeardMan's Masks of Nyarlathotep. What is going on Smithwork?
    No HotOE and no MoN in the shop, no Art Deco theme in the Forge.

I imagine it would take a lot of time to QC both products. Smiteworks are a small operation. Also CoC can't be that big a revenue generator for them, else it might get higher priority and more content. Paizo and D&D content is where the money is at for them. It'll come I'm sure and I highly doubt they'll publish a timeline for release. We just have to wait for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    We are at the 3 months mark after HotOE has been submited to Smithworks and one month for MadBeardMan's Masks of Nyarlathotep. What is going on Smithwork?
    First, HotOE was not submitted until last month. Things happened, things got delayed.
    Second, it includes 18 scenarios and three reference manuals. It is huge and will take time to review, oh, and expect a few goes around to sort out the issues.
    Third, Smiteworks is a small team with a lot to look after, most of which will sell many more copies, so HotOE is probably at the top of their priority list, why would it be?
    Forth, most of the content creators, myself included, have “real lives” beyond doing these things. We do this for the love of the comunity and in spare time.

Throwing a tantrum is not going to speed it up, so cut them some slack wait for it to arrive.

Be sure I was not judging the creators, you or MadBeardMan, your products are finished (excuse me if I took your word about the delivery 3 months ago). It took you a long time, the same goes for MadBeardMan. I can only be impressed by your work, and I know that it is not your main work.
    so kudos to both of you. I think you haven't seen me complaining about you before or after your release. I just don't understand why it took so long Smithwork side. For example all they have to do for the Art Deco theme is delivering the Forge account approval to MadBeardMan, and boom he will put it into the forge.
    I don't think it is a one month process to get this done. Don't take my word for this, asks MadBeardMan. His products are checked by Chaosium, verified by testers and crafted like jewels.
    Concerning the priorities, CoC is a major RPG. I don't think it is, for example, way under the sells of, let's say, Traveller for example, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I don't think I was "throwing a tantrum", I was just expressing my incomprehension in the best way i could. English is not my first language, I apologie if you felt attacked by my post.
    I fell the same with your "throwing a tantrum".

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    They are HUGE mods to have to go through, especially Orient Express. This process takes time, pretty much always more than 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    They are HUGE mods to have to go through, especially Orient Express. This process takes time, pretty much always more than 30 days.
    That's what I've heard. They're both enormous! It's going to take time. I'd rather they take some time, do it right. Recently, I've seen some game companies getting destroyed on social media for releasing stuff before it was really finished. Believe me: I'm REALLY excited for these, and will buy them the moment they are out. I'm DYING with anticipation. But I'd rather get quality than speed.

It is all a plot by <static>! They have specifically <static> the <static> of these <static> in order to make you go crazy with desire. The <static> know what you want, and how to use that to manipulate you.

I've tried to warn people about the <static> in the past, or was it the future? I'm not really sure. All I know is that someone, somewhere, somewhen, will eventually discover the long lost manuscripts and we will learn the truth about <static>.

Hey, just to throw some idea of how big things are that SW need to 'review' and why it takes time.

Did you know that MoN (which is smaller than HotOE) has over 5,000 links (links to items, story entries, NPC,s etc), over 1,000 images and over 25,000 lines of text. I felt sorry submitting it as I knew it would take some time. I'm also lucky in that they found nothing wrong in their testing.

So as HoTOE drops I'll be picking it up, as a nod to Ian/Damned who have sold their souls to bring it to us.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Really enjoying your work (and continued support) on MoN, MadBeardMan! Also looking forward to HotOE.

Question: what if I had spare time that I was going to be using to stare at Fantasy Grounds, anyway, and wanted to help in testing product? Who and how would I approach this?

Quote Originally Posted by Muagen View Post
    Really enjoying your work (and continued support) on MoN, MadBeardMan! Also looking forward to HotOE.

Question: what if I had spare time that I was going to be using to stare at Fantasy Grounds, anyway, and wanted to help in testing product? Who and how would I approach this?
    Best thing to do is ask the devs if they need help testing. But if it's SmiteWorks hands you can't help them.

Right back to RQ now.

Cheers
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information