5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Hopefully someone is still looking at this thread. I have noticed that as a GM I create parcels, and all the players can see them. Like all of them, to the point that nosey characters know what Items might be upcoming in the campaign. Useful if, as above, you want them to be able to look into the parcels and create a "bank," but NOT desirable if you don't want anyone to see them. For example, a Rogue "skims" treasure from encounters, and stashes it away. Putting it in the Party Sheet reveals to the others that he's got extra loot, so I created a parcel. But other characters can see the parcels if they look into the appropriate FG tab. So far, only Rogue has been the person to notice this detail, so no harm, no foul yet. But I have other clever players too. If I "don't show inventory to clients," then the jig is up that I'm hiding stuff.
    Just curious if anyone has noticed this and found a solution.

Standard parcels shouldn't be seen by the players unless you've shared the parcel to all the players or the parcel is in a module that the players have access to.

If you want to share a parcel with just the rogue's player drag the parcel link to the rogue portrait on the desktop when the rogue's plater is connected - this will share that parcel just with that player. Don't use right-click -> share and don't put things like this in a player module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Hi George,

Parcels should only be visible to players once you add them to the Party Sheet - until then they should not be visible. The Party Sheet is also a players tool - once it is in there it is fair game to the players...

Re: your rogue... why does he do this? does this not create discord among your players? it is completely counter productive in my experience.

Thanks for the replies!

So, make sure any modules aren't "player loadable." How do I set this for the default campaign since it's not a module I can make player loadable? (That I am aware of.) This is a Parcel that has not ever been shared to the party or any character in the above described manner.

The rogue: nobody seems to be aware of the behaviour. If they are, nothing is said. These are some long-time friends and gamers. Like since 1980 friends and gamers, and we know each other's quirks and game styles. The Rogue will then take his "profit" and spends it in town on the "black market" for goods the party uses, and then sneaks them into "loot" from encounters, or he helps "acquire" party items from the black market at "reduced prices." The player perceives the character as a sort of "benefactor" or pseudo Robin Hood for the group in this way.

Blog Entries
    The ability for players to load a module is controlled via the Module Activation window; Modules > Activation
    Red stop sign means the players can not load it. Green check mark means they have the option to load it.
    Screen Shot 01-11-22 at 05.58 PM.PNG

But if the parcels were created in the campaign and are not something that comes from a module that won't be applicable. As well, if you unintentionally shared parcels, you can control their share status in the Parcels window. Any parcel that has been shared will have a circle P (shared with all players) or circle S (shared with only some players).
    Screen Shot 01-11-22 at 06.00 PM.PNG

You can easily find these by clicking on the filter on the bottom right of the window (it defaults to "All"). You can then unshare them via right mouse > 'Stop Sharing Record'

None of these should be shared by default. If you are confident you did not share them, then you should look into any extensions you are using, as one or more of those might have caused the issue.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    There have been odd glitches where everything in a campaign becomes public.
    As per LordEntrails can you check if all parcels or all items are shared with a P?

Thanks, LordEntrails. I'll check on the extensions. 5e Attunement Tracker, Coin Weights, and Druid Wild Shapes Implementor. Could be one of those, since the parcel in question was never shared and does not have the "P" mark.

Blog Entries
    I'm not really familiar with those extensions, but I don't think they would.

Really strange that the parcels that the player(s) can see are not marked shared (P or S). Other tan asking for more information, such as screen shots from the GM and players side, not really sure what else to do here. I'm stumped.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by georgelaiacona111 View Post
    For example, a Rogue "skims" treasure from encounters, and stashes it away. Putting it in the Party Sheet reveals to the others that he's got extra loot, so I created a parcel. But other characters can see the parcels if they look into the appropriate FG tab.
    Can you confirm exactly where the rogue's player is seeing the parcels please? This will help us work out what's going on and allow us to make relevant recommendations. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok. Now I can't get the issue to repeat. Until I can get it to repeat, I'll let it drop.

Thread Information