5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 8 of 18 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Thanks for all the input guys, definitely appreciate it! The Auras extension is really awesome, just discovered it today, looking forward to playing with it more.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 necrotic; (C)
    This works perfectly for a foe starting their turn within the Aura. How would you go about triggering the Save/Damage Roll when a foe enters the area (aura) for the first time on a turn? I was thinking something along the lines of this would do the trick, but no dice.
    Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEA: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; SAVES: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)
    It rolls the save, but doesn't roll the damage upon entering the aura and it breaks the 'start their turn in the aura' logic.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffie465 View Post
    This works perfectly for a foe starting their turn within the Aura. How would you go about triggering the Save/Damage Roll when a foe enters the area (aura) for the first time on a turn? I was thinking something along the lines of this would do the trick, but no dice.
    Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEA: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; SAVES: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)
    It rolls the save, but doesn't roll the damage upon entering the aura and it breaks the 'start their turn in the aura' logic.
    Well there are some issues here.

1) First you need to detect if they've already entered the area once this turn or not. Thus you need to apply an effect that would put that on them and drop off after their turn. So it would need an IF check.
    So this would need to always apply an effect to anyone fitting the aura function to get this effect until the end of their turn.
    2) You also need to trigger this as soon as they get into the area, which is the SAVEA effect. However, currently SAVEA and other ONGOING effects in the same effect is likely going to cause some issues.

What I would do is set up an detection IF trigger couple that with your SAVEA, have a second effect aura that does the other ongoing save.

I'm not going to type it all out here, but that should get you started. Let us know how it goes.

Well there are some issues here.

1) First you need to detect if they've already entered the area once this turn or not. Thus you need to apply an effect that would put that on them and drop off after their turn. So it would need an IF check.
    So this would need to always apply an effect to anyone fitting the aura function to get this effect until the end of their turn.
    2) You also need to trigger this as soon as they get into the area, which is the SAVEA effect. However, currently SAVEA and other ONGOING effects in the same effect is likely going to cause some issues.

What I would do is set up an detection IF trigger couple that with your SAVEA, have a second effect aura that does the other ongoing save.

I'm not going to type it all out here, but that should get you started. Let us know how it goes.
    I tried to use just this line

Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEA: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant

for one entering the area and instead of it rolling the die and damage; it adds it like 10+ times onto the enemy rolling the save and damage for each of them (and then if you move them away it also rolls more. It almost seems like it is registering each piece of movement as a check and triggers the effect again.

Anyone been able to get the entering piece to work? I would figure that it should be something where you would run the Ongoing part as 1 entry and the entering as a separate entry and that one only kick off once.

Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    I tried to use just this line

Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEA: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant

for one entering the area and instead of it rolling the die and damage; it adds it like 10+ times onto the enemy rolling the save and damage for each of them (and then if you move them away it also rolls more. It almost seems like it is registering each piece of movement as a check and triggers the effect again.

Anyone been able to get the entering piece to work? I would figure that it should be something where you would run the Ongoing part as 1 entry and the entering as a separate entry and that one only kick off once.
    You can do this with Better Combat Effects:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post648040

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You can do this with Better Combat Effects:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post648040
    If you mean the line here:

Thank you! I also JUST found that i can combine it with the "Better Combat Effects". So my Spirit Guardians now look like this "Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; TEST; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC](H)(C); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant" not very elegant, but it works!

That coding takes care of the ongoing save if they are inside the aura at the start of the turn. I am trying to work out the coding for when someone first enters the aura range (that is the SAVEA) but that one does not seem to work properly with the SAVEDMG to know only roll the damage after the save and take that into account and not add it like 10 times.

Does anyone have a code for AUra of purity with the advantage to saves, I have BCE Gold

ok, i will ask...
    WHAT is the effet you have for "Aura of Warding" ?
    i presume it starts with
    AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Warding; ....... but then what?
    i am just not good at looking at all the options and understanding what makes "Resist spells".

Quote Originally Posted by smokebadger View Post
    Does anyone have a code for AUra of purity with the advantage to saves, I have BCE Gold
    Can you tell us what it does?

Quote Originally Posted by FyreM View Post
    ok, i will ask...
    WHAT is the effet you have for "Aura of Warding" ?
    i presume it starts with
    AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Warding; ....... but then what?
    i am just not good at looking at all the options and understanding what makes "Resist spells".

Aura of Purity
    PHB p216
    4th-level abjuration
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: Self (30-foot radius)
    Components: V
    Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
    Purifying energy radiates from you in an aura with a 30-foot radius. Until the spell ends, the aura moves with you, centered on you. Each nonhostile creature in the aura (including you) can't become diseased, has resistance to poison damage, and has advantage on saving throws against effects that cause any of the following conditions: blinded, charmed, deafened, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned, and stunned.

Oath of the Ancients: Aura of Warding
    PHB p86
    Beginning at 7th level, ancient magic lies so heavily upon you that it forms an eldritch ward. You and friendly creatures within 10 feet of you have resistance to damage from spells.

At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information