How would I code up Aura of Vitality?

Aura of Vitality
    PHB p216
    3rd-level evocation
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: Self (30-foot radius)
    Components: V
    Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
    Healing energy radiates from you in an aura with a 30-foot radius.
    Until the spell ends, the aura moves with you, centered on you.
    You can use a bonus action to cause one creature in the aura (including you) to regain 2d6 hit points.

I'd keep it simple and just use the aura to be an indication of range then set up a power which you target and perform the heal.
    Code:
    AURA: 30 friend; Aura of Vitality

I feel like I'm missing something... is there a way to check for foes within range that are NOT unconscious?

Something along the lines of: AURA: 5 foe; Grant Ferocity; IF: FACTION(notself); IF: !unconscious: SGRANTS: 1 Ferocity

I might also want to add NOT paralyzed, stunned, incapacitated, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    I feel like I'm missing something... is there a way to check for foes within range that are NOT unconscious?

Something along the lines of: AURA: 5 foe; Grant Ferocity; IF: FACTION(notself); IF: !unconscious: SGRANTS: 1 Ferocity

I might also want to add NOT paralyzed, stunned, incapacitated, etc.
    Sure does, you need this EXT

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/591/view

The coding you would want would be

Code:
    Ferocity; AURA: 5 foe; Grant Ferocity; IF: FACTION(foe); IFN: custom(Unconscious); SGRANTS: 1 Ferocity
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Thanks so much!

It didn't work with "custom", but the following 2 seem to both be working... (it is a small cat that can "go large"):

AURA: 5 foe; Grant Ferocity; IF: FACTION(notself); IFN: Unconscious; SGRANTS: 1 Ferocity
    SIZE: 2; AURA: 10 foe; Grant Ferocity; IF: FACTION(notself); IFN: Unconscious; SGRANTS: 1 Ferocity

Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    Thanks so much!

It didn't work with "custom", but the following 2 seem to both be working... (it is a small cat that can "go large"):

AURA: 5 foe; Grant Ferocity; IF: FACTION(notself); IFN: Unconscious; SGRANTS: 1 Ferocity
    SIZE: 2; AURA: 10 foe; Grant Ferocity; IF: FACTION(notself); IFN: Unconscious; SGRANTS: 1 Ferocity
    Glad it's working for you.

It should work both ways because IFN understands custom() and no need for it. I'm not sure why yours is not working with the custom. You might want to look into that. Likely some type of typo somewhere.

I would also name your AURA and not put SIZE in the front so you know where it's coming from or what is causing it. Just as a standardization.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I would also name your AURA and not put SIZE in the front so you know where it's coming from or what is causing it. Just as a standardization.
    Until recently, it would work with some other effects before it and not with others. It works properly now, so you should be able to do things like "SIZE: 2; AURA: 10 foe; Grant Ferocity" if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Until recently, it would work with some other effects before it and not with others. It works properly now, so you should be able to do things like "SIZE: 2; AURA: 10 foe; Grant Ferocity" if you want.
    Yeah, I was taking that into account thanks for that update. However, not what I was saying here. I was saying I would Name the AURA because of the way that FGU works for naming and (C) effects.

Example.

= Unnamed
    Aura of Vitality; AURA: 30 friend; Aura of Vitality
    = Named

This allows for things where the AURA would be removed with the (C) effect, if you had placed an Aura on more than 1 person, using a (C) spell that would place an Aura on more than one person.
    So in the example above, each person effected by the spell would be getting the effect "Aura Of Vitality (C); AURA: 30 friend; Aura of Vitality" if it was a conc spell. Which means that the caster would have to make conc checks to keep that spell going. So if they lose conc, all the people they casted the effect on, would have it removed.

I know these things are fringe however, standardized naming should be still used for other reasons, like people making exts and whatnot.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Thank you both for the info and insights. Truly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Yeah, I was taking that into account thanks for that update. However, not what I was saying here. I was saying I would Name the AURA because of the way that FGU works for naming and (C) effects.

Example.

= Unnamed
    Aura of Vitality; AURA: 30 friend; Aura of Vitality
    = Named

This allows for things where the AURA would be removed with the (C) effect, if you had placed an Aura on more than 1 person, using a (C) spell that would place an Aura on more than one person.
    So in the example above, each person effected by the spell would be getting the effect "Aura Of Vitality (C); AURA: 30 friend; Aura of Vitality" if it was a conc spell. Which means that the caster would have to make conc checks to keep that spell going. So if they lose conc, all the people they casted the effect on, would have it removed.

I know these things are fringe however, standardized naming should be still used for other reasons, like people making exts and whatnot.
    Oh, very good point!

Thread Information