DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Puzzle-ish Maze in my adventure.

Hi everyone,

not sure this is the right location, but here we go. I'm running Storm's King Thunder on FGU and we are in the dripping caves. There's a fissure in the ground in there and the rulebook basically only say to either say its a deadend or create something. My players already are curious of what's going on in Ardeep forest as they hid there after being chased by the Ogres in the cave. They already felt the presence of the trees and the elfs around them.

What I want to do is that following the tunnel after the fissure, there'll get right in the middle of a forest, very thick forest (it's ardeep forest, they just don't know yet).

I'd like to create a custom map, that'd be somewhat a maze, pretty short, but where they have to do specific actions on some tiles that will trigger some areas to unlock etc...

I'm okay with running most of everything without visuals or automation, but I wonder how can I create my own map with forest tiles ?

Is there a tutorial somewhere for that and where can I find tiles ? (I don't mind paying for tiles, but would rather pay for pack of tiles than just one set)

Thanks,

So found some info after posting (always like that). Decided to add it here if ever someone stumble on this thread.

YT video on how to use the tile system : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1HujgJGBY8
    Tiles Assets or Packs for FG : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FGUArtSub.php

For now I haven't had time to test any of it, but it seems like the right direction to get this going, so i'll give it a shot and post back.

The forrest tiles from Fantasy Grounds offer a good set, also you might want to look into Dungeondraft (mapmaking software) and Forgotten Adventures (Patreon map makers), for their lowest tier you get access to all their content. They have some need integration that works nicely with Dungeondraft, you basically download their packages, and import them into Dungeondraft, remember to look for Dungeondraft Patreon download packs, they also have packs with just their assets to be used for other mapping softwares. A lot is also just available for free . Also Heroic Maps on Dmsguild have some good forrest map tiles. Good luck!
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; August 6th, 2021 at 14:57.

Thread Information