STAR TREK 2d20

SWADE and multiple settings

I'm new to both Fantasy Grounds and SWADE. I'm planning on running a game based on Greg Rucka's Lazarus comic as well as Matthew Stover's Heroes Die novel. So it's going to be in a cyberpunkish world as well as a fantasy world. Given the play style I'm looking for I want to pull in select Edges (and a few skills) from Lahnkmar, Beasts and Barbarians, Hellfrost and others. I don't want all the edges and skills that these settings offer, just the one's I've cherry picked to add to the "for Hollywood" style of action in the fantasy world.

Would I be better off just adding the features I want by hand in FG (I beleive I would then have to export these and have the players import them?) or can I get the full player books for those settings and easily 'hide' the ones I don't want available to players?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    That's simple enough. You can either leave things alone and just tell the players which books to load and which data you're allowing/disallowing (set a MOTD so everyone sees that) -or- you could make local copies of the data for yourself then export that as a player module so that players can load it.

Load the books on your end then open whichever window you need; Edges, for example. Grab the Edge you want, then drop it back into the Edges window and you'll see a copy created. If you're in the (All) group, the copy will just display its name and rank, but not the book it's from. All your copies will appear in the (Uncategorized) group for ease of use. Get everything the way you want then export it as a player module and next time your players connect they should see it available for them to load.

Thanks for the quick reply. That seems easy enough. Time to break out the credit card!

New post on this subject: I thought I'd create some Story sections and put the Edges, Hinderances and Skills that I'm allowing at the start of the game in that area and then share it with the players. This seemed to work for Skills and Hinderances in that it would put Skill: Athletics or Hinderance: All Thumbs in the sections I had created. It seemed to allow me to even drag and drop an item from the story section to a characters sheet. However when I try to add Edges they all come prefaced with Hinderance, which is kind of confusing. Is there a flaw in how I'm doing this?

You're obviously not rolling successes on your FG skill.

You're doing this correctly. It's a bug.

I agree with Talyn that a custom module is the way to go. My 1st SWADE campaign was a homebrew where I didn't want to include all of the edges, hindrances and skills from SWADE, wanted to use some from other 3rd party settings which I had in PDF and wanted to create my own. I created custom groups (named the same as my campaign) for Edges, Hindrance, Skills, Races etc and moved copies of those CRB features I wanted to them. Then for the 3rd party content I just copied and pasted from my 3rd party setting PDFs. I created my own under those custom groups.

With a custom module like that, I personally wouldn't bother with putting features in a story. If you're enough in-depth with your custom groups you can literally make it the only thing your players load. Consequently it'll be very structured and easy for them to find the content.

Thread Information