STAR TREK 2d20

Adding extra skills or skill choices to new Occupations.

Hi, All. Am trying to add some Achtung! Cthulhu Occupations to the 7e/Pulp ruleset. Have added the relevant new Skills and created a new Era and then dragged the required skills over to that era. When I try adding new Occupations I can select the skills I want - but I can't find a way to either add extra skill lines (Achtung! Cthulhu characters seem to get more skills), nor can I find a way give lines where there are multiple choices. Is this possible from within FGU or does it mean trying to edit the XML files?

Blog Entries
    Welcome KevinManktelow

Have a look at this thread.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...pation-Modules

You can create occupations in FG but multi choice ones require you to edit the XML
    How many skills is the most that you need?

Blog Entries
    It seems Achtung! doesnt follow any real standard.
    Some Occupations have up to 15+2 skills.
    ianmward and I will have to see what could be done to support this.
    The simplest way would be to not use Occupation skills just add all points as Personal.

damned, thank you very much for the information! Yes, looking at A!C they do seem to have more skills than is usual in CoC - but often you seem to find that several are overlapping skills that probably should be listed as a choice. Black Marketeer for example looks like it is given Charm, Fast Talk and Persuade as Occupational Skills: but making it a choice would reduce the 17 listed to a (slightly more managable!) 14. I'm wondering if the A!C Investigators book is listing both the Occupational and Personal Skills an Occupation would be likely to have, rather than the 'base' skills they would have.

Ah been looking into how to do this. Thanks for the info. So now we need a better support for Achtung Cthulhu Vehicle stats as "Actors" so can track damages and so.
    Will give this a try since have no skill at XM editing or programming.

Thread Information