5E Character Create Playlist

Can I UPDATE Unity while still running?

I leave my copy of Unity running for my players to access/create PCs without having to bother me. I periodically update to keep it ready. Do I HAVE to shut down the client and then update, or can I update from within the client? FGU is the only client I am using.

Also, If I need to reboot the computer/power outtage, can I set an .exe for start-up? I couldn't with the Classic version. Wondering if that's available in Unity.

Appreciate the response..have a great day!
    FG: Classic Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .(Upgraded to Unity, just waiting)
    Timezone: EDT/GMT-4 - (OHIO, USA)
    Currently Running: NONE [D&D 5e focused only]
    Current Project: To learn the mechanical platform by creating 1 day adventures from donated authors, then DM same for new users.
    FG User Profile - The Short: Navy Vet, Only plays 2 main games, wants to do more in his career of Security.

FGU has to be closed to be able to update - it won't allow you to update if it's running.

And you can't auto start FGU - as you'll need to select the campaign to load and click load, you can't auto start and load a campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for clarifying also about the campaign loading..It would have been the NEXT question..LOL!
    Thank you for answering about the updating as well. No biggie..just would be nice to somehow have these items scriptable!
    Cheers!
    FG: Classic Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .(Upgraded to Unity, just waiting)
    Current Project: To learn the mechanical platform by creating 1 day adventures from donated authors, then DM same for new users.
    FG User Profile - The Short: Navy Vet, Only plays 2 main games, wants to do more in his career of Security.

Blog Entries
    I suspect some of the various automation tools would allow you to create a batch file that could start FGU and load a campaign. They are ones that mimic mouse clicks and keyboard typing. I've had team mates use them in the past for automated testing of web pages, such as Cucumber. But I can't recommend any of them because other than knowing they exist and we decided not to use them, I know next to nothing about them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This kind of things would be better done if FGU had a command line interface.
    I took the liberty to suggest it as an idea for a future enhancement: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=136961

Thank you! that would be great!

If you want to increase the chances of it being done, go on that link and vote for it

DONE!! Great Write-up btw!

Thread Information