DICE PACKS BUNDLE

pathfinder1 and "ranged touch attacks"

I have a question and about ranged touch attacks in pathfinder 1

what ability is used to make a "ranged touch attack" i been looking in the player book and i cant find it.

one of my players say that for a cleric it would be Wis , and for a sorcerer it would be Cha . since these are there primary attributes.

i remember that in DnD 3.5 it was dex so im not sure.

Ranged touch attacks are by default dexterity. They use normal rules for "ranged" weapons. This rule is only modified when changed by a spell or ability.

These are the specific bits you're looking for:

Attack Bonus
    Your attack bonus with a melee weapon is:

Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + size modifier

Your attack bonus with a ranged weapon is:

Base attack bonus + Dexterity modifier + size modifier + range penalty
    and

Touch Attacks
    Some attacks completely disregard armor, including shields and natural armor—the aggressor need only touch a foe for such an attack to take full effect. In these cases, the attacker makes a touch attack roll (either ranged or melee). When you are the target of a touch attack, your AC doesn’t include any armor bonus, shield bonus, or natural armor bonus. All other modifiers, such as your size modifier, Dexterity modifier, and deflection bonus (if any) apply normally. Some creatures have the ability to make incorporeal touch attacks. These attacks bypass solid objects, such as armor and shields, by passing through them. Incorporeal touch attacks work similarly to normal touch attacks except that they also ignore cover bonuses. Incorporeal touch attacks do not ignore armor bonuses granted by force effects, such as mage armor and bracers of armor.

Thread Information