5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Where is Customer Support????

Hello,

I cannot get this program to work the error message I am receiving every time I try to start "Fantasy Grounds II" is the following:

Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program

I have already installed the latest version of DirectX. I checked the system requirements and my system meets them as far as I can tell.

I tried to e-mail you for support, but none of your e-mail addresses accept e-mails. I demand some customer support or I am going to call my credit card company and turn this site in for credit card fraud. I refuse to pay for something that I cannot use or get to work as promised. If you cannot help me then give me a refund. If you do neither, then you will be turned in for credit card fraud, simple as that.

Hope to hear back from you ASAP.
    My e-mail address is [email protected]

-JL

Customer support is on their way from Sweden to Indy for Gencon. They are either still in the air or trying to recoop from the long, long flight.

I doubt they will be looking at much email till they get back from Gencon. I could be wrong though.

What email address are you using for support?

What version are you trying to run.. full or lite?

Did you make any changes to FG (if full) or is this right after a fresh install? What video card are you using? What OS?

rv
    Last edited by richvalle; August 16th, 2007 at 03:22.

The support address is [email protected] and as stated they are in the Swedish timezone normally but are attending Gencon so support may be delayed a few days.

We have a very helpful community here and would be glad to help.

Did you try the demo before you purchased? Did it function correctly? If not, do you mind trying the demo out as well, its a different version of the product but will help us eliminate graphics card issues.

What graphics card are you using and how much memory? What exact version of DirectX do you have (DX10, 9.0c, etc.)?

Are you using the default d20 ruleset (and not some other ruleset you may have downloaded)? Do you have the GM client or the player client?
    Last edited by joshuha; August 16th, 2007 at 03:37.

The instruction at "0x0056c9a3" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
    Thoughts if it were me (on WINXP SP2):

This is a wierdness with a file or a memory chip. First go to your Control Panel. Select your "administrative tools" and double click your "event viewer".

Look through the application log and system Log for the past week or so.
    1. What does the event viewer say about the FG error?
    2. What other areas have errors? Are there many other errors?

If you have a number of errors with other applications its likely that you have a bad memory chip or some such. Reseat the memory module.

If you don't have a bad memory chip maybe there is a corrupted or badly installed file. Reinstall FG and get all the updates. Check start>run "dxdiag". Cycle through all the tabs and look for problems. If you see no problems go to the "Display" tab make sure that all the DX features are enabled and test them.

If that doesn't help get back to the board with information from #1&2

Good luck.

FG2 has been really solid over all for me. (I'm not affiliated with the company) If you are having problems it's probably a technical glitch or a direct X incompatability.
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

I personally have my doubts on a memory problem. If that were the case, he would be seeing much more severe problems like random bluescreens regardless of the program he's running. That particular error can also occur if a program tries to dereference a null pointer.

One question I have is, at what point during the process of running FG does the error occur? Is it when you first click the shortcut, or is it after you've selected a campaign (or, if you're using the client version, after you've selected a server to connect to)? Also, the questions that Joshuha and Sigurd have asked would provide useful information as well.

On a side note, you should consider yourself fortunate to get so much help from the FG community after throwing such a hissyfit. I know I was on the verge of just flaming you and being done with it, but then I figured maybe I should at least try to be helpful first.

Meh, could be reference to a pointer that isn't initialized yet, or perhaps it's trying to allocate more memory then is available (although the program isn't really that big).

Is fantasy Grounds the *only* program that gives errors that look like that?

Uninstall the program, update any video drivers if that's an option for you, reinstall FG, and give a shout if that does the trick.

I would like to proclaim my awe and amazement at the level-headed responses submitted so far. I am curious, however, about the average number of initial responses that were deleted before pushing the "submit" button for the ones that got posted.

I'm just sorry that I'm so techno-clueless that I cannot offer any helpful advice myself.
    Sed quid custodiet ipsos custodes?

Heh. I must admit I 'bit my tongue' a bit on my first response. Being calm and helpfull seemed the best route to take.

rv

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    Heh. I must admit I 'bit my tongue' a bit on my first response. Being calm and helpfull seemed the best route to take.

rv
    It was... but still, I salute your nerve.
    Always keep it in perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by Yenooc
    I would like to proclaim my awe and amazement at the level-headed responses submitted so far. I am curious, however, about the average number of initial responses that were deleted before pushing the "submit" button for the ones that got posted.

I'm just sorry that I'm so techno-clueless that I cannot offer any helpful advice myself.
    LOL, well I was one who decide I didn't think I should post with the mood I was in. On one hand you know the guy is frustrated and probably doesn't know about where the developers are located or Gen Con but still...

Thread Information