FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Insta-Dice Extension - Support

This is the support thread for the Insta-Dice extension. This extension is designed to save a DM time while rolling on more complicated and embedded loot tables. The extension is designed only for the session host and can be used at any time by either holding Shift-Alt prior to rolling or holding Shift-Alt after a roll has been initiated on a roll table.

Available at: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/163/view

Releases
    v1.0.10
    • Fix: Incompatibility with dicejail and dicejail_smelter

v1.0.9
    • Fix: Dice shapes were broken.
    • Fix: Colored dice were broken.
    • Fix: /IDRoll <diceexpr> "Optional description" works provided the extension is enabled, but does not depend on the default usage.

v1.0.8
    • Added: Configuration for allowing the GM to use Insta-Dice by default (Off by default)
    • Added: Configuration for allowing the GM to share the Insta-Dice function with players (Off by default)
    • Added: Configuration by players to allow them to use Insta-Dice by default. (Off by default)
    • Fix: /IDRoll <dice expr> now works for GM and players independent of the enable/disable status.

v1.0.7
    • Changed: Moved the configuration of Insta-Dice to the options menu under Ma's Tools.
    • Added: /IDRoll <dice expr> will now do an Insta-Dice dice roll independent of the enable/disable status.

v1.0.0
    • Initial release

Known Issues
    • Insta-Dice does not support rulesets with non-standard dice. IE Conan. It is unlikely I can fix this for any ruleset that is not outside the Vault.
    Last edited by jharp; March 16th, 2022 at 17:36.

Confirmed compatible with v4.1.5
    Confirmed compatible with upcoming ruleset changes.
    Last edited by jharp; October 21st, 2021 at 17:09.

Could you please add an option to always roll Insta-Dice without having to hold Shift-Alt (maybe inverting the behavior of Shift-Alt then)? Thank you!
    Last edited by Weissrolf; November 2nd, 2021 at 21:04.

Great, thank you. The Instance Dice extension (different author) does not work for Pathfinder 2 persistent damage while yours does, so our group would use that function.

Not familiar with persistent damage so if there are any other features that would make my extension work better for you let me know.

Persistent damage is rolled after a characters turn ends, including a flat D20 check against 15+ to see if the condition ends. The other extension does the rolls, but the results are not applied, yours works.

I assume your extension is based on math.random? It's a rather weak random number generator, but still better than 3D dice (on top of saving time to watch rather strange roll physics). Maybe have the extension do a couple of hidden rolls at load time to better initialize math.random?!

Thanks again for the quick reply and adding user wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Persistent damage is rolled after a characters turn ends, including a flat D20 check against 15+ to see if the condition ends. The other extension does the rolls, but the results are not applied, yours works.

I assume your extension is based on math.random? It's a rather weak random number generator, but still better than 3D dice (on top of saving time to watch rather strange roll physics). Maybe have the extension do a couple of hidden rolls at load time to better initialize math.random?!

Thanks again for the quick reply and adding user wishes.
    Ok, I've done base testing with some added options.

New Options
    "Insta-Dice: Default method for GM?" allows the GM to use Insta-Dice as the default with shift-alt performing the normal roll mechanism.
    "Insta-Dice: Enable for players?" allows the GM to give the same functionality to players.
    "Insta-Dice: PC default method?" (only available for players - defaults to No) allows the players to use Insta-Dice as the default with shift-alt performing the normal roll mechanism.

options.PNG -- Player view of options.

I'll look into the math.random you mentioned and see if I can seed it better.

Jason

Perfect, thank you. I will report back should I encounter any issues.

I'll update the first post once approval of the build is obtained.

Thread Information